Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Mohawk on a Shih Tzu Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Breed Styles and Grooming Techniques » DROP-COATED BREEDS » Mohawk on a Shih Tzu « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

princessfoofoo2u
Registered Member
Username: princessfoofoo2u

Post Number: 600
Posted From: 69.253.219.125
Posted on Friday, August 1, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:-) I love Mohawks, I wanted to take a really good picture of him so badly, and of course my camera broke, so I had to use a cell phone :-( It was so cute in real life. And his face as not uneven like it looks in Picture #2.

doggie_in_the_window
Registered Member
Username: doggie_in_the_window

Post Number: 1078
Posted From: 75.105.92.188
Posted on Friday, August 1, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too cute, I love black and white Shih tzus:-)
Here's Louie in his latest color. I chalked it:-)louielouie2
He's quite the little model.
"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. Piss on it and walk away." Unknown

pucci_groomer
Registered Member
Username: pucci_groomer

Post Number: 554
Posted From: 86.156.124.127
Posted on Saturday, August 2, 2008 - 1:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, those are fabby grooms! Love it.

I had one of my cat customers ask me to give the cat a mohawk. Didn't come out nearly as cool as that!!!
Repeat after me....It's all about *me*

nakedbacon
Registered Member
Username: nakedbacon

Post Number: 831
Posted From: 209.196.226.120
Posted on Saturday, August 2, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheri - love the green mohawk - i am going to do some green chalking/dyeing for a green dog walk I'm sponsoring soon... I will have to keep those pics for inspiration!!
Princess - LOVE the look - he looks a lot like my other shih tzu - b&w shih tzu = HEART!!!
"I bet the last time you were sorry was when you had to use the pay toilet and the string to your pet dime broke!!"

"If you're too tense, reduce to one-fifth."

gonetothedogs
Registered Member
Username: gonetothedogs

Post Number: 102
Posted From: 74.232.138.109
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

doggie in the window -- what is chalking?

doggie_in_the_window
Registered Member

Post Number: 1257
Posted From: 75.105.92.188
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 6:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's done with sidewalk chalk:-) I'll bring up the thread for you. Look for "Dawn's chalking how-to's.
"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language>" -Martin Buber

gntlgrmrr
Registered Member
Username: gntlgrmrr

Post Number: 270
Posted From: 70.166.103.69
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did this to our goldendoodle for the 4th of July

Her tail...

nakedbacon
Registered Member
Username: nakedbacon

Post Number: 1011
Posted From: 209.196.226.120
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

very cute, Brad. :-)
"I bet the last time you were sorry was when you had to use the pay toilet and the string to your pet dime broke!!"

"If you're too tense, reduce to one-fifth."

amysuz
Registered Member
Username: amysuz

Post Number: 831
Posted From: 76.172.220.187
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 9:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, one of my customers just made me do this. She was very pleased. The two dogs on the right get their faces shaved with a #5 blade and then the body all over gets a #2 comb, including the entire ear...ugh. I don't know why she's so anti-hair. The dog on the left would bite my hand off if I ever tried to shave his face, so that's why his face is longer. Anyway, I started out with some Thick N' Thicker mousse, used blo-pens, and then sprayed with Davis Hair Stay. The problem is that I saw her at the dog park two days later and the color was virtually gone. I wonder if the mousse kept the color from absorbing?

(Notice the blurry image of my dog in her bed in the background, looking on and thinking, WTF?!)

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 8916
Posted From: 68.91.223.179
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very cute!
The mousse may have been the problem. You might try coloring first, then product the next time and see if that helps.

Barb

amysuz
Registered Member

Post Number: 838
Posted From: 204.107.53.153
Posted on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Barb! I've used blo-pens on my own dog and the color didn't rub off like that, so I was really surprised. Yes, I'll skip the mousse next time and see how that goes.

bluebonbon
Registered Member
Username: bluebonbon

Post Number: 3154
Posted From: 99.93.151.156
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the mohawk look if the newest thing for shitzu as I get quite a few requests for color mohawks, and all were male shitzu.
The early bird gets the worm, UNLESS the night owl beat him to it.

bluebonbon
Registered Member
Username: bluebonbon

Post Number: 3155
Posted From: 99.93.151.156
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 2:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

forgive my mistakes, feel awful today for some reason.
The early bird gets the worm, UNLESS the night owl beat him to it.

amysuz
Registered Member

Post Number: 843
Posted From: 204.107.53.153
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll forgive you if you post some pictures of your colored shihtzu mohawks. You DID take pictures, didn't you??

doggie_in_the_window

Post Number: 3435
Posted From: 99.196.0.57
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I done quite a few mohawks on the head only. Today I did my first full-body length mohawk. Turned out really well:-)mohawk
"I am fairly certain that given a cape, a nice tiara, and my dog at my side, I could save the world."

scullysmom1
Registered Member
Username: scullysmom1

Post Number: 1193
Posted From: 75.110.150.135
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

love it!!!!!!!!!!

doggie_in_the_window

Post Number: 3437
Posted From: 99.196.0.57
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That should be "I've";) The "Grammar Police" are probably twitching:-) J/K:-)
"I am fairly certain that given a cape, a nice tiara, and my dog at my side, I could save the world."

kitty
Username: kitty

Post Number: 4195
Posted From: 24.45.101.132
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Twitch, twitch...now I gotta go find that pic of the full-body pink mohawk I done on a Persian years ago and gave him a studded leather collar to go with it.
The best things in life...aren't things!

laughing
Registered Member
Username: laughing

Post Number: 934
Posted From: 71.166.20.213
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inspiring!
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2011 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.
Increase your website traffic with Attracta.com