Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Lamb cut on Yorkie? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Breed Styles and Grooming Techniques » Lamb cut on Yorkie? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dodgerdog
Registered Member
Username: dodgerdog

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 4.245.72.7
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys...got another question. Can someone tell me exactly how a lamb cut is done? I know you usually use a shorter blade on body and a longer one on legs. What about the neck area and around the front of chest? Is it the same length as you do the body. Anyone have any pictures of lamb cuts? Or some tips? Thanks

dogdayz
Registered Member
Username: dogdayz

Post Number: 716
Posted From: 69.29.33.224
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just so happen to have a lambcut(what I was taught to be a kennel cut) ...I had to shave this girl because she was so matted but was able to save her legs only.(thank goodness I saved her legs cause she was very skinny and would have looked horrible completely stripped!)I think it turned out cute!

enemytosleep
Registered Member
Username: enemytosleep

Post Number: 164
Posted From: 69.119.250.203
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For a lamb cut I use whatever I do on the body on the neck and some of the chest.

Here is a standard I did. I used a 5F on his body/neck and I scissored the legs (don't mind where I fudged his back leg). The top line show where I stopped shaving. The bottom is where the scissored length is. Between the two is where I blended. I used the 5F under his belly, but I left a "bra" if you will. The chest is scissored so it looks a little stronger. I find if you shave it and leave the legs it looks kind of sunken in. I actually did a silky yesterday with a 5F on the back and a #1 comb on the legs. I looked great because he was short but he didn't have stick legs (sorry, no pic :-().

dodgerdog
Registered Member

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks guys!
Enemy is there any kind of trim you "can't do!" My gosh, everytime I have a question...you always have a great picture and good advice on how to do it! I am just a little confused on the top part of the front leg though. Shouldn't you shave to the top part of the shoulder? The line you drew in the picture looks lower, or is it just the picture. Regardless thanks, this will help me out a lot!
This lady is coming in tomorrow and wants the lamb cut done on a yorkie. I did this dog wants before but its been a long time ago. At that time it was the first lamb clip I ever did. I used a 7F on body and a 3F on legs. She really liked it. I figure I'll do the same this time, I just couldn't remember about the chest and neck part. I love seeing pictures of dogs that you have done enemy. You do such a great job...I don't think I've ever seen you do a sloppy job on any one of them. Please post more pictures of dogs that you've done. I am sure everyone would love to see them!

enemytosleep
Registered Member
Username: enemytosleep

Post Number: 165
Posted From: 69.119.250.203
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I go to the elbow on my lamb clip. I could be wrong, but that's how I was taught. I learned that the Town and Country was to the shoulder and not blended to the body, but the lamb was lower and blended. That's how I learned it at least.

And thanks :-) That really means a lot to me.

dodgerdog
Registered Member

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks again enemy. You are probably right. I have no clue so I am just going to take your advice. Maybe the next time someone wants that clip I'll do it like you said. For now though, I guess I'll just do this yorkie just like I did before. The client really liked it that way.

porshangel
Registered Member
Username: porshangel

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 60.229.5.150
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 1:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My lamb Clip

alice
Registered Member
Username: alice

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 74.140.247.185
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice groom, but did you shave the top of the ears or is it just something with the picture?

porshangel
Registered Member
Username: porshangel

Post Number: 16
Posted From: 58.165.223.0
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep called bell bottom ears.

jessy
Registered Member
Username: jessy

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 64.237.203.245
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

porshangel what blade did you use on the body and bottom chest???

distinctivedog
Registered Member
Username: distinctivedog

Post Number: 593
Posted From: 68.51.93.132
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jessy, porshangel hasn't logged in (at least under that name) since 2008. I doubt you'll get an answer. It looks pretty tight to me. I'd guess it's a 5f or 7f on the body. Anyone else have any guesses?
Brandi

starstruck
Registered Member
Username: starstruck

Post Number: 1141
Posted From: 75.51.93.230
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, looks like a 5f or 7f to me also.
Quitters never win and winners never quit

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2011 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.
Increase your website traffic with Attracta.com