Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

PLACENTA SHAMPOO?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Product Discussions/Comparisons » SHAMPOOS & CONDITIONERS » SHAMPOO PRODUCT LINES » PLACENTA SHAMPOO?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

topknotsntailfeathers
Registered Member
Username: topknotsntailfeathers

Post Number: 81
Posted From: 66.190.58.49
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 6:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did anyone see underdog to wonderdog with woobie? the groomer said she used some sort of placenta shampoo that improves skin and coat health....i could not see the contanier well enuff to figure out what it was....does anyone know this item or use it or can give a review on it?

doggygirl
Registered Member
Username: doggygirl

Post Number: 5341
Posted From: 142.167.134.146
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 7:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that sounds horrible!

tsmith1095
Registered Member
Username: tsmith1095

Post Number: 840
Posted From: 64.12.116.131
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 7:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw that too and wondered what it is.
If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares,
why is there a song about him?

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 5343
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I googled it and a few companies came up. One said it is the placenta enzyme.. Placenta from what//whom??? I couldn't find out specifics. It doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

bbird
Registered Member
Username: bbird

Post Number: 737
Posted From: 69.9.27.172
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Placenta shampoos were a fad of the 1980's. Originally, placenta was marketed as a skin care ingredient and a lot of claims were made about the restorative benefits. The FDA cracked down on the manufacturers, who retracted most of the claims, but placenta was still marketed as a source of protein and a moisturizing ingredient. My bottom line cosmetic science source, thebeautybrains.com says that while placenta has moisturizing value, it is no more so than other available ingredients.

Why would we want to support the use of animal byproducts in products used on animals?
BBird writes for groomers - http://Groomblog.blogspot.com

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 5345
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good question.. I wouldn't.

wizardofpaws
Registered Member
Username: wizardofpaws

Post Number: 1379
Posted From: 207.69.137.15
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I see no need to use something as icky as a placenta in a shampoo. Especially, as Bbird said, there are other more "apealing" ingredients that can work just as well or better. Did you know that is some cultures (I forget where, some tribal societies somewhere) that a mother will actually fry up her placenta and EAT IT as her first meal after her baby is born? EWWWWW! I know they are supposedly highly nutritious (which is why some animals eat theirs) but still. . . EWWWWWWWW!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be there sitting beside you saying "Man, that was fun!"

gone2dogs
Registered Member
Username: gone2dogs

Post Number: 3118
Posted From: 156.34.181.228
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Placenta anything makes me feel green....
There is a method to my madness...

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 5351
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wizard, didn't know and didn't need to know. LOL!

distinctivedog
Registered Member
Username: distinctivedog

Post Number: 137
Posted From: 75.184.114.90
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This has NOTHING to do with grooming, and I have no idea if it is true or not, but I've heard it said that Tom Cruise was supposed to have eaten his wife's placenta...I sure hope that's just a rumor, because I can't imagine it being true. GROSS!!
Brandi

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 5360
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sure that is false. There are so many weird rumours about him.

gone2dogs
Registered Member
Username: gone2dogs

Post Number: 3131
Posted From: 156.34.183.255
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 6:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ever hear about a 'lotus birth'...it is when they do NOT cut the cord to the placenta,. when the placenta comes out they place it in a bowl/sack with herbs and wait till it naturally dries and falls off the baby...

Sometimes I know too much about childbirth for my own good...
There is a method to my madness...

janelle
Registered Member
Username: janelle

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 205.188.116.131
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 7:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh joy what a way to start the day ick

distinctivedog
Registered Member
Username: distinctivedog

Post Number: 146
Posted From: 75.184.114.90
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, my little sister just had a baby last Saturday. Before she gave birth, I JOKINGLY asked her if she was going to eat the placenta....she said YES! She and her husband were SERIOUSLY planning to eat the placenta as long as the baby didn't poop before it was born. Turns out, it did, so they didn't (thank god).
Brandi

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.