Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Cologne sprays...what your favourite??? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Product Discussions/Comparisons » COAT & SKIN PRODUCTS » Cologne sprays...what your favourite??? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jo
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i like 'puppy pooch' but its so pricey. what else is in the USA that you all like?

Thistle ( - 208.250.183.163)
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 6:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I usually don't put cologne on dogs...I am particularly sensitive to colognes... I think I have been overloaded with chemicals in this profession, and I just can't take them anymore. Anyway, I prefer the scent of a good, clean dog to some heavy perfume. When I do use scents, they must be light and fresh, never overpowering or flowery. The first kind I use really isn't a cologne, but a spray-on coat conditioner by Nova Pearls, it is a moisture spray and has a light, spicy scent. As for actual colognes, my favorite hands down is Unleashed by DoubleK. It is light and fresh, and a little bit goes a long way.

Scout
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm with Thistle on this one. I like Unleashed by DoubleK. Light, fresh, clean scent. Some dog colognes make me red in the face with itchy blotches. No problem with Unleashed.
Scout

Joyce ( - 216.89.175.132)
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love the "Soft Scent" by Sals...... Yummmm:)

Jean ( - 207.2.109.191)
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 8:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jodie, you never let us know how you liked the groomers show in Canada, and how was your trip to visiting the US? Hope you had a good time. Jean

Kimk
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When using a cologne, I like "clove" by Mallory Pet Supplies. I also have one that smells like baby powder.

Kibbles
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a great question...I've been looking for a scent I like as well. Most are to cheap smelling and over powering, but I do think that a lot of customers seem to like it. I agree with Thistle on the Nova Pearls...all of their products smell so good!

Molly
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 6:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use J-B Golden Almond Cologne. It smells great.

Judy in Texas ( - 206.88.150.14)
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have used "Fresh and Clean" for years because my customers seem to like it. I sell quite a bit of it too.

Sandy
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fresh and Clean... we've tried others and never like any quite as well!

Jo
Posted on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 3:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jean--went to intergroom NY and it was great! also visited salons all over the place. seen pennsylvania indiana (beautiful) the romani's had the best salon! aslo went to ohio, milwaukee, colorado, seattle, LA and san diego. would love to visit colorado springs again. that place was magic! not too impressed with New York. not enough trees for me! don't know how all those dogs cope!

Mylady
Posted on Monday, June 28, 1999 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use the Unleashed (I bought perfume for $60 that smells just like it. At $9.95 a gallon this is a much better deal LOL)I also like Fresh and Clean. We used to sell some Designer doggie colognes that a lot of people liked. They smelled like Drakar and CK-1 but had doggie names like C K-9. we also use that four paws stuff that comes in the black and gold bottles. I rarely use cologne but the other groomers have found that many people complian when they don't. I really haven't had that problem though sometimes people request it. I think as long as the dog smells clean that's good enough for me. I alos worry people will think that instead of washing the dog well I'm trying to cover up odors with cologne.

Topdogette
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a customer ask if I would sell her some of the Unleashed for personal use...I thought it was for the dog, but last time she came in....she was using it as a cologne for herself LOL

cc ( - 128.38.24.93)
Posted on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 5:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use Pro Groom and Fresh 'N Clean. Our clients like both. They're not too perfumey (is that a word?).

CC

Susy
Posted on Monday, July 12, 1999 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the papaya cologne from Tropiclean. It smells so good that we use it in the hospital as an air freshiner. I also love unleashed.

Scorpeo
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 1999 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the Scent to Stay, and Mink n' Aloe for my girl. The groomers use the Scent to Stay and Holiday (for the stinky dogs).

Cclips
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 1999 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was an unleashed fan until I tried "Pearl" by EZ Groom. The girls get Pearl and the boys get unleashed.

sydco ( - 205.188.199.36)
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 1999 - 12:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My customers absolutely love the scent of Lambert Kay's Fresh n' Clean cologne. I used it for years and got so many requests to sell it..alas, because it is an aerosol spray, I can no longer get it shipped overseas to where I live.

I now use Nature's Specialties Berry Blast. It smells much like cherries but pleasantly so. The company is kind of flaky to do business with, from my own experience...but eventually, I will be switching back to Fresh n Clean. One cologne I had a bad reaction to was "Unleashed". There is something in there that makes my nose scream out in agony. :(

Debbie
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 1999 - 1:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cclips,I like both Pearl & Unleashed - find it interesting that you use one for boys and one for girls. I have a crippled,elderly spinster women for a client. The first time I used Pearl on her dog she took a big wiff, turned red, and said to her dog, "Wow, you smell really sexy!". I had to laugh!

kathi
Posted on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about the colognes from E-Z Groom , try the Vanilla it is the best also powder soft, light and smells great lots of others too !

Bluebonbon
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 1999 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fresh n Clean for all time favorite with customers. Personally, a clean dog smells great to me too but perhaps that is because it is so much better then when the pet came in. LOL

Bark
Posted on Sunday, August 1, 1999 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We usually don't use cologne except on exit but on the subject, has anyone ever used the splash sprays from bath and body works? Is using human lite spray on a dog safe?

tygergen ( - 152.163.232.21)
Posted on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 6:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

we use "groom and fresh" by Biogroom. It has a light and fresh but not too perfumy smell.Our customers all love it and we can't keep it on the shelves. Actually we are all out of it right now.

purrpaw ( - 24.48.72.165)
Posted on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love tropiclean colonge !! It has a soft and tropical smell. I sell tons of it to my custmers so they can used it in between grooms.. I can't keep it on my self.. I have used fresh and clean, but got tried of the same smell. Tropiclean has a few to choose from and they have a conditioner in with it.. Its Great Stuff try it, you will like it....

k9krew
Posted on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 4:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use unleashed in my shop...also colognes from Le Pooch are FANTASTIC!! They make a couple of different ones for males and females and even one for puppies! My favorite may just be the puppy one. It's great....

Stacie ( - 205.188.198.187)
Posted on Friday, August 20, 1999 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use so many different colognes i lose track of what i have. Recently i have been using the imposter designer colognes. Pucci, CK-9, Liz Claybone, Timmy Holedigger & White Dalmations and i also use Les Pooch colognes i like using the male scents for the boys and the girls get girly stuff i get alot of call backs asking what i used and that they want the same cologne next time usually its the Timmy Holedigger. I like to change scents alot i get bored smelling the smae thing day in and day out i need variety!

Joyce
Posted on Friday, August 20, 1999 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I tried the "Unleashed" on me today. At first it was OK,
not really unpleasant, but not especially appealing either.
Now I can hardly wait to get to the bathtub! It reminds me of
"Off" spray! LOL

Kairn ( - 205.183.16.133)
Posted on Friday, August 20, 1999 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love Ck9 and timmy hole digger. I also love the Lepooch fragrances too.I recently tried the Natures Choice colognes and they are not bad. Bouquet is my favorite Bravo second.

Jo
Posted on Tuesday, September 7, 1999 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SYDCO---what problems did you have with naturers speciatlies? was it the manufacturer or a distributor? we are ordering some products from them and just don't want problems. thanks for a reply.....

sydco ( - 205.188.195.57)
Posted on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 2:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jo,

I purchase my products directly through Nature's Specialties in California. As As I live overseas, I always request that my order be shipped via standard mail (post office), otherwise, it can be quite expensive. Despite this, they have sent products via Fed Ex a few times, I've had credit cards charged more than once for the same invoice, had very poor follow through with my calls being returned, and having items missing from orders.

It all comes down to professionalism I suppose.

Lol...you are probably thinking "why on earth is this person still doing business with this company?!" :) Well, fortunately, I don't have many dealings with them and I am only using the products temporarily until I relocate and can have my favorite aerosol cologne shipped to me again. Thus far, they have one of the only colognes that I haven't had a major sneeze attack with. And that's about it.

Seaside
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use Fresh Pet and E-Z Groom's Powder Soft and Diamond. Customers seem to love them. We use the Powder Soft on the girls and Diamond on the boys. Fresh Pet is for both.

kk ( - 209.143.10.103)
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 3:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm with Purrpaw- Tropiclean has the best scents! I love the berry- everyone comes running to the grooming room whenever I use it and asks what it is. They are all great scents.

Celeb ( - 207.203.248.13)
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

EZ Groom has a nice line of non-alcohol colognes.

bec (207.10.41.5 - 207.10.41.5)
Posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

UNLEASHED IS THE BEST NOT TO STRONG JUST PERFECT!!!

Seaside (a030-0081.phl2.splitrock.net - 209.255.208.81)
Posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use several different colognes, depending on my mood. My favorite is E-Z Groom's Honey Lavendar and Vanilla Mist. I use these mainly on girls. I also love Nature's Specialties Simply Plum and Unleashed, which I use mainly on boys. By the way, when I was at Intergroom this past weekend, I bought the Honey Lavendar in gallon size because they also sell empty bottles ($.30 ea.) so you can resell to your clients! They'll even put the appropriate label on the bottle if you ask them to. Now, *that's* customer service!

MsCaledonia (host-209-214-3-99.mia.bellsouth.net - 209.214.3.99)
Posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have found that doggie colognes are entirelly too strong,so we use the very light after shower sprays that are made for human use and we use several different types and also here in Miami my Latin clients use violet water on their babies after the bath, so they seem to like it on the dogs as well.It,s a bit strong but it evaporates very fast leaving a nice soft scent.But one thing,we only spray it from behind the dog,never the face area.Our idea of what smells good,and the dogs are two diferent things.

Fleadip (1cust240.tnt2.baytown.tx.da.uu.net - 63.23.243.240)
Posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use the Pet Silk cologne. I only use one kind of cologne, so that when the customer asks what we use, I have it to sell retail. I also carry several others for retail, but charge more for the Pet Silk, so the customers think I am using the expensive stuff on their dog. I usually sell more of it too. We also like it the most.

Rev (spider-mtc-te051.proxy.aol.com - 64.12.103.171)
Posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a problem with the Pet Silk scent fading quickly? I love the scent but it seemed to me when I used it on my own dog that it was gone within a few hours.

gr8k9s (rn137-195.rose.net - 64.39.137.195)
Posted on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rev, I picked up several samples of Pet Silk colognes a couple of months ago at the Atlanta Pet Fair. I love them but most of them do seem to fade quickly. However, the clean scent (or is it fresh scent... fresh and clean...?) does seem to last a bit longer. I use it on some of mine and it lingers for a bit longer than do the others. By the same token, it's kind of strong when you first spray it on, but I really like it. Actually, I really LOVE the scent of the Pet Silk shampoos and conditioners better than their colognes! I make up a sort of spray on detangler with their bodifying conditioner and use it on my full coated Lhasa at home between baths for brush outs. It smells wonderful and lasts about 24 hours.

tilly (spider-ta064.proxy.aol.com - 152.163.205.74)
Posted on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 6:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We never use the colognes many customers say that gives them headaches. I do use progroom a spray on the bath dogs and some conditioners only. I get headaches if to strong of scents. I have one customer that likes the fresh and clean and I hate it. Eveytime we use it I think I smell aneals or smoke go figure!

tilly

Thistle (sdn-ar-001casfrmp102.dialsprint.net - 158.252.208.104)
Posted on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A bit to the side of this topic; if you ever want to get a little revenge on those owners of horny dogs who give you grief during the grooming session, just use Cardinals' copy of Opium cologne on the dog. For some reason, it seems to excite the little buggers. I used to use it years ago and had gotten many complaints that after coming home from the groomerie, their dogs would hump everything in sight until the cologne wore off!

Clipnk9 (proxy-1351.public.svc.webtv.net - 209.240.220.172)
Posted on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I relly like EZ Groom cologns, but they do not have a long shelf life. So I just buy the little bottles.
The fresh-n=clean is also good.

petgroom (px2cv.gv.shawcable.net - 24.64.223.204)
Posted on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thistle: the thought of your recipe for revenge cracks me up. Had a dog in today that I just might use it on .....hmmmmmm... viagra for dogs---hooo boy!! (the possibilities are endless!)

chasiu (24.163.5.207)
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

where can I buy Tropiclean cologns? I can't find it in NEserum.

Thanks

Laurie (68.52.220.233)
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tried lots of colognes, but Fresh and Clean wins the prize. No one has ever complained about it, and it re-activates if you rub a damp cloth over the fur.

Rev (205.188.209.135)
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is so strange.. I've tried F&C cologne several times, different batches, cans, whatever. And to me it's blah.. or blecch. I still have almost a full can, from 2 years ago. The reason I tried different ones is because the first I tried smelled musty; so did all the rest. My favorites are spicy scents; I use Holiday mostly.

Moleen (216.177.2.162)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use alot of different colognes. My fav's are Unleashed, NS Berry Blast and Plum Silky. My absolute favorites are Vanilla Mist and Honey Lavender by EZ Groom. I plan on buying a gallon of the Vanilla Mist at Hershey as this is by far a customer favorite. I use the Silk N Finish by Nature's Specialities and I LOVE the scent, very soft and clean. I wish they would make that scent into a cologne.

Rev (152.163.189.173)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love the scent of the Pet Silk gel.. heavenly! They make a cologne with that scent, but I tried it and it doesn't last more than a couple of hours. :(

bluebonbon (67.224.54.113)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently most of my customers have liked either Baby Powder by Crazy Dog, (forgot the rest of their name) and Jungle Mist, which I think is by Kelco. I better not run out of Jungle Mist as there is one customer who ONLY wants it. I also like the Plum Silky, Fresh N Clean, and Cherry. I switch up often so I don't get bored. I do have some clients who request NO cologne so I ALWAYS ask about cologne before using it.

doggygirl (142.154.30.102)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you guys and gals think of John Stazko's products?

Rev (205.188.209.135)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 2:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does he sell colognes?

Moleen (216.177.2.173)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rev, I odered the Pet Silk Gel with my last NES order but it was out of stock :(. That's the problem with the Silk N Finish..it only lasts a few hours too...so I always end up using one of my fav colognes on top.

doggygirl (142.154.31.140)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep Rev he has cologne. I wondered if anyone had used his shampoos or his styling sprays.

Rev (205.188.209.135)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you checked under shampoos and conditioners?

Ferurizonly (216.209.239.182)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use La Pooch the newest male scent for boys not the old musk one and for the girls the D'ete god its sooooo nice and the pups of course Pooch puppy. I can not handle the female scents (perfumes) by Lapooch or the male shampoo scent by La Pooch it is too strong, but I re-act to a lot of strong smells of perfume, but the ones I use are nice and lite. I only use the La Pooch D'ete, shampoo and the conditioner of the same, or on dogs who have allergies the Botanique by La Pooch ( has no scent) its very nice and goes a long way for the money, really lathers up. The other shampoo I use is Pooch bright for whites and Pooch puppy shampoo in both female and male scents.
My best counter sales is the new male scent, pooch puppy scent.

And of course you all should try Jingle Bells (la Pooch Noel) for Christmas by La Pooch its very nice very expensive but people rave over it. I have tried other products but even though La Pooch is expensive it is 14 parts water to the concentrate. The conditioners work great but they do take a long time to rinse out, but I have people telling me their dogs smell nice a month after grooming.

Seaside (65.59.64.243)
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm with Moleen. I change between EZ Groom's Honey Lavendar and Vanilla Mist. I also use Simply Plum to complement the Plum Silky shampoo. I kinda think of those as "girl" colognes so I use Unleashed mostly for boy doggies.

doggygirl (142.154.31.2)
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To be honest, I haven't lately Rev. I will do that. I was given some by someone who wasn't thrilled with it, so was just wondering if anyone had any comments.

lolita
Registered Member
Username: lolita

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 68.45.212.46
Posted on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 1:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone use Oh My Dog from Sak's 5th Ave? Smells great but I can't afford it at $75 a bottle. Some of my clients bring it in for me to use on there dogs. I use Pooshe, it's made by a human barber here in NJ. Smells great, lasts 5-7 days and is also a coat conditioner.

loves
Registered Member
Username: loves

Post Number: 579
Posted From: 63.173.137.99
Posted on Friday, November 7, 2003 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Show Season's colognes are the only ones I use. Got samples at the All American.

hatch
Registered Member
Username: hatch

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 209.208.85.72
Posted on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Show Season is top notch! They gave free samples of their WHOLE product line at 'Fun In The Sun'. They hooked me on Spring Rain scent.

loves
Registered Member
Username: loves

Post Number: 583
Posted From: 63.173.137.99
Posted on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hatch, I got their whole bag of samples at the All American and am working my way through and making a list of what I want to order. Great products.

justine
Registered Member
Username: justine

Post Number: 284
Posted From: 68.234.132.91
Posted on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 6:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like Odin from Quadrupet. I like Honey and Almond from Bark2basics and I like the fresh scent from Sal. Oh, and plumb silky.
I wish the shampoos had matching scented conditioners. I hate putting a good smelling shampoo on a dog than using a different scented conditioner over it. They should make matching shampoo/cologne/conditioners. Darnit.

the_mutineer
Registered Member
Username: the_mutineer

Post Number: 540
Posted From: 216.105.193.176
Posted on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the "doggie designer" colognes: Timmy Holedigger, Pucchi, Aramutts, and Miss Claybone. I also like the Top Performance or Rodeo Drive collection of Giorgio, Opium and Polo.

There aren't really any major trade shows on the West Coast to to go too. Reno would be a good draw as well as Vegas. Why don't the promoters get a clue?

spottydog (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: 205.188.209.167
Posted on Sunday, November 9, 2003 - 2:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also like Pet Edge holiday colognes. try the Sugar Cookie shampoo followed with the Gingerbread cologne. Nice combination, lots of customer raves.
I also just ordered some colognes from Pet Silk. Not only do they smell great, but I sprayed Rainforest on my dogs, and a week later when you hug them you can still smell it. Green Tea doesn't smell like green tea, IMO, but it does smell like something really clean and good.

ssusan (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: 66.81.44.80
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love "fresh scent" from SAL Professional Groomer. Also, I love their "sweet pear" and "Majestic"!

dodger
Registered Member
Username: dodger

Post Number: 167
Posted From: 152.163.253.98
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've tried a ton of colonges over the 35 years of grooming and I still reach for the Fresh and Clean on the majority of the dogs. Puppies get baby powder scent. I get more compliments on the FC from clients than anything else I've tried.

suez
Registered Member
Username: suez

Post Number: 372
Posted From: 216.96.122.137
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been using Vanilla body spray from WalMart for years and absolutely nobody complains about it. Even the men like it which amazes me. One client wasn't surprised, she said the dog smells like cookies and all men love their sweets!

wattadog
Registered Member
Username: wattadog

Post Number: 97
Posted From: 80.229.11.236
Posted on Tuesday, February 3, 2004 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gingerbread (holiday)
Blue Breeze (Kelco)
have a few others but those are the ones I use the most.. I dont like perfumy stuff eather.. It makes me go through tylenol to fast. CK & simuler designer fragrences seem to be the worst.. and Freash&Clean.. YUCK!

luvpuppyo
Registered Member
Username: luvpuppyo

Post Number: 89
Posted From: 216.28.66.50
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone tell me is the Farnam cologne/deodorant in the petedge catolog the same sent as the Holiday cologne in the white can?

junebug
Registered Member
Username: junebug

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 64.41.35.157
Posted on Saturday, May 1, 2004 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know I am a little late for this party, but I just had to post because I have a serious addiction to dog cologne. When I was younger, I was always buying smelly stuff for myself... now it's for the shop, because I can write it off! LOL

Natures Specialties Simply Plum will always be my one true love, and my first love. But a girl needs variety. Bark 2 Basics Honey Almond is wonderful, as is their Plumeria. Bio Groom Wild Honeysuckle, TropiClean Papaya. Ryan's sells one called Mello Marshmallow that I like. And, believe it or not, the one that my clients really love is the Crazy Dog spritz, Rainforest. This week I am ordering my EZ-Groom sampler pack, can't wait for those colognes.

hairyterrier
Registered Member
Username: hairyterrier

Post Number: 480
Posted From: 208.180.146.162
Posted on Saturday, May 1, 2004 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My customers love how their dogs smell after I spray them with Pet Edges Fresh Pet Deodorant/Cologne. I like Ryans Mello Marshmallow, it smells scrumptious. Of EZGrooms colognes, I only like the Silky Almond. If they ever put their Silky Mango fragrance into a cologne, I will buy that by the gallon. So far far they only have it in shampoo and conditioner.

rev
Username: rev

Post Number: 8436
Posted From: 205.188.117.18
Posted on Saturday, May 1, 2004 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still keep coming back to Holiday. But if Pet Silk's perfume would last better I'd switch--love that scent!

diamondog
Registered Member
Username: diamondog

Post Number: 2072
Posted From: 206.231.186.84
Posted on Saturday, May 1, 2004 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really like the Fresh Pet. I also got a sample of NS Lavender that's pretty nice. I'm really not a perfume fan, never know when the old eyes will start to swell, but I've never had any trouble with the Fresh Pet so I'm generous with it. Honestly, I love the smell of the NS remo, like baby powder or something, but I noticed most dogs don't seem to like the smell too well.

sandy
Registered Member
Username: sandy

Post Number: 442
Posted From: 68.90.47.202
Posted on Monday, May 3, 2004 - 6:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use the Foo-Foo Baby Cologne since we picked it up one day and used it on a whim (after we had had it for months and never used it-) we got so many requests to buy it for in-between grooms at home use, that now it's our regular cologne.We buy it by the gallon and refill the small bottles. We used Fresh n Clean for many years before that- still love it. We also use the Foo-Foo Berry scent in the warm months- smells like summer.

3dogs
Registered Member
Username: 3dogs

Post Number: 301
Posted From: 152.163.253.101
Posted on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone prefer no cologne. I love the smell of my shampoo & the scent is light so I feel I don't need any perfume to screw that scent up. Even when the dogs get wet again the scent comes out. So, the shampoo that you use has no scent or do the scent from the shampoo mix with the scent from the cologne.

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 2048
Posted From: 66.142.42.192
Posted on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 7:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't use any colognes. Years ago I did and years ago I had headaches every day. We ran out of cologne and within a few days I realized I didn't have a headache! I haven't used it since.

Barb

rosalee
Registered Member
Username: rosalee

Post Number: 69
Posted From: host117.245.123.216.in-addr.arpa
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know the name of a cotten candy scented colonge? I know a groomer here uses one, but when Iher asked who made it/where she got it, all I got was a smile. Trade secret I suppose ;)

jengroomer
Registered Member
Username: jengroomer

Post Number: 487
Posted From: 130-45.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com
Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2005 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

VIP by les poochs is my all time favorite!

mechele
Registered Member
Username: mechele

Post Number: 212
Posted From: cache-rtc-ae01.proxy.aol.com
Posted on Saturday, August 6, 2005 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love Celestial from Show Season.

hairyterrier
Registered Member
Username: hairyterrier

Post Number: 676
Posted From: ip70-179-154-249.dl.dl.cox.net
Posted on Saturday, August 6, 2005 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use three different colognes (depends on my mood:-) Holly Berry from EZ Groom...it's new. Paw Brothers Mallow MarshMallow from Ryans and Top Performance Fresh Pet Spray Cologne/Deodorant.

vroomvroom
Registered Member
Username: vroomvroom

Post Number: 862
Posted From: c-24-92-157-242.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
Posted on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 8:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used pet silk rain forest for awhile but then got to where I couldnt smell it anymore, there is a scientific name for this but I cant remember what it is. So I bought the whole show season line in eight ounce bottles. It ended up being almost the same price as a gallon of the pet silk. I LOVE all of these colognes but so far my favorite is green tea followed closely by tropical kiwi.

Part of the fun for me (and my groomer) is choosing the bandana, the bows and the scent to match the dogs personality. I think it is a barbi doll kind of thing that really has nothing to do with grooming..just a way to play dress up with the dog after I am done with the groom.

Also I find it cheering to have good smells all around me. I do make my own colognes but they tend to be three or four note colognes and some of the professional colognes use up to 200 different scents so they are much more complex smells than I can create. I keep a crock pot going twenty four seven using water and essential oils and I generously spray the shop with the colognes I create everyday.

I get A LOT of comments from people about how well my shop smells, usually just after they walk in the door. I think that it has a subliminal effect on the people who are not commenting on it cuz I do find that repeat customers seem to relax one step inside the door...kind of an aaaaaaaaaaaah this is nice look on their faces. I know how that feels cuz I get that almost every morning as I unlock the door. If I dont get that feeling then I know that I need to change the mix of what I am using in the crock pot cuz my nose has gotten immune to the smell.

This got way off the subject of dog colognes ...sorry

20paws
Registered Member
Username: 20paws

Post Number: 38
Posted From: 207-255-119-036-dhcp.unt.pa.atlanticbb.net
Posted on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been useing one from a new line at Target, Spa Pawz, Whispering Lavender. I love it & it gets a lot of compliments.

schnauzershop
Registered Member
Username: schnauzershop

Post Number: 192
Posted From: ip70-185-65-187.ma.dl.cox.net
Posted on Monday, August 8, 2005 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use Pucci (don't remember who makes it) for extra special boy dogs... you will want to put it on your significant other.. it's THAT good :-)

I bought a bag of 10 or more 4 oz bottles from Show Season and Celestial and Sugar Cookie (will make your mouth water when you spray it) are my favorites. There is another one or two but those are good. Also, the Four Paws Black, Silver and Gold, the Gold is my alltime favorite and it lasts forever. I remember when I was about 11 years old (35 now), we took my little pound puppy to be groomed and they had used the Four Paws black. We bought a can for $7.99 and I still have it to this day tucked away somewhere and it still smells exactly the same as they do now. Same except the cans are smaller for more money now :-).

Ok, rambling ... bye,
Wendy

shearmadness
Registered Member
Username: shearmadness

Post Number: 170
Posted From: adsl-68-76-156-124.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net
Posted on Monday, August 8, 2005 - 2:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For the girls, the Show Seasons Sugar Cookie cologne is my favorite. My clients are loving it! For the boys, my all time favorite is Groom Aid Spray by Evsco. It has a barbershoppy scent that smells....handsome.

cheryl
Registered Member
Username: cheryl

Post Number: 489
Posted From: 69.182.91.93
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 7:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for a fresh clean sent that I can buy economically (ie: CHEAP) that I can fill into small bottles and give them away. I have read here some like the Petedge Unleashed and some don't. Are there any other recommendations for a good clean scent that lasts and comes in the gallon size ?

magnolia
Registered Member
Username: magnolia

Post Number: 1848
Posted From: 24.175.110.27
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 7:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love the Kelco Fresh Scent and Bio Grooms Fresh N Clean or Clean Scent, can't remember what it's called and I don't feel like walking out to the van right now! :-) LOL

candycane
Registered Member
Username: candycane

Post Number: 94
Posted From: 24.109.199.171
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tropiclean colognes come in gallons. I LOOOOVE their Papaya Mist cologne, mmmmMMMMmmmmm...I also like Best Shot's Scentamint cologne. Not sure if it comes by the gallon...but their stuff isn't cheap, so you wouldn't want to give it away.

pixiedust
Registered Member
Username: pixiedust

Post Number: 1572
Posted From: 72.242.82.44
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Miracle paws from Espree smells so clean
Clients buy it when the dog comes out smelling like it!

wattadog
Registered Member
Username: wattadog

Post Number: 739
Posted From: 80.229.11.236
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just about anything by Show Seasons, (Sugar cookie is really good for Christmas time.)
Jungle Mist by Kelco

bulldogmom
Registered Member
Username: bulldogmom

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 24.30.36.32
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add that I love Show Season, too. Esp. Sugar Cookie, Peach, Green Tea, Celestial, and Apricot Chamomile!

groomingbiker
Registered Member
Username: groomingbiker

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 76.5.39.198
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 6:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the White Lace from Bardel Bows for the girls and CK9 for the boys. I sell alot of each also.

gone2dogs
Registered Member
Username: gone2dogs

Post Number: 541
Posted From: 156.34.191.50
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Love show season Ginger and Pear, I cannot rave enugh about it, my cutomers all love the scent.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.