Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Grooming saddle?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Product Discussions/Comparisons » MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTS » Grooming saddle?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

clover
Registered Member
Username: clover

Post Number: 947
Posted From: 70.48.187.7
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 6:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to decide between the Edemco grooming saddle and a grooming post with a hip support strap. I have worked with the extra grooming post before and am used to it, but was wondering if the saddle was better? Or would the bar just get in my way of clipping and scissoring?

Does anyone have the saddle, and what's your opinion on it?

Thanks!
clover

dgroomer
Registered Member
Username: dgroomer

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 72.72.232.123
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would go for the grooming arm of the home made lips system,I found one in PE and it is wonderful and a whole lot less than the LS.Wouldn't want to groom without one.I have used the grooming saddle and found that dogs don't like it much.At least the ones I tried it on didn't anyway.Thats my 2 cents.....Dgroomer

bbird
Registered Member
Username: bbird

Post Number: 92
Posted From: 69.9.31.138
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried the grooming saddle years ago and had trouble with dogs hating it and dancing out of it. Also it's a lot of apparatus under the dog. I love my LIPS wide strap hip support. With three pieces, you can undo either side or the back strap for grooming an area and still have the dog under control.

Whenever you add apparatus to a table, there are some compromises. The two posts in the center of the table with a LIPS can be bothersome, but it's a bother I got used to. There's almost always a tradeoff. I'll trade off that center pole of the LIPS for the increased control.

Yes, you can knock off a homemade LIPS, but it is going to look like just that. There's something about the look of the real deal stainless steel LIPS that looks more professional. I haven't seen the Pet Edge model or how it looks after a couple of years. After seven years, my stainless steel LIPS still looks like new!

annie_in_ny
Registered Member
Username: annie_in_ny

Post Number: 1018
Posted From: 72.84.30.148
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got the new support bar from Petedge. It is two arms, with a 'saddle' type thing that goes under the dog. so far I like it, not in love, but it works

clover
Registered Member
Username: clover

Post Number: 948
Posted From: 67.68.18.55
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. The last thing I want to do is make them even wigglier.
I wish I could afford the real LIPS but money's tight right now.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.