Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

If you only could use one shampoo, wh... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Product Discussions/Comparisons » SHAMPOOS & CONDITIONERS » GENERAL SHAMPOOS » If you only could use one shampoo, what would it be ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

annie_in_ny
Registered Member
Username: annie_in_ny

Post Number: 1299
Posted From: 72.84.30.189
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, I will start this post, and break the rules right away :-)

1st shampoo Groomers Edge Grimeinator - cleans every thing very well.

2nd shampoo Davis Quick Dry Shampoo. Cleans ok, but used as a second shampoos, really helps dry quicker

3rd shampoo Best Shot System. The BEST for shedding dogs, and lighlty matted dogs. You get tons of hair out during the hydro surge, and makes all dogs VERY soft.

1st Conditioner. Re Fur Bish. Helps deshed and makes dogs soft.

2nd conditioner Cheap stuff from Petedge. a nice finish for softer dogs, but not too heavy.

Ok, IF I could only get one shampoo to do all the above what would be be ?????????

animalhouse
Registered Member
Username: animalhouse

Post Number: 9
Posted From: 207.144.204.156
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use natures chioce premium...it is tearless and conditions and leaves the coat the way it is ment to be...it is safe to use on all ages also..I've used a bunch of different shampoos and this one is my choice!..oh and they seem to dry quicker also!....if you need a brightner use thier bluing..it also kills fleas even though it doesn't say it does it--Barb

doggygirl
Registered Member
Username: doggygirl

Post Number: 4674
Posted From: 156.34.250.227
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now I am using Premiere by Eqyss, med shampoo is Micro-tek. Blueberry/vanilla tearless by Tropiclean and Cloud 9 conditioner. I also use the whitening shampoo by Show Seasons.

bbird
Registered Member
Username: bbird

Post Number: 123
Posted From: 69.9.26.151
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One shampoo? I'd die!

I used the Nature's Choice Premium shampoo for a few years in the days before I got a recirculating bathing system (hydrosurge, then Bathing Beauty). The shampoo did not perform well for me in the system - too much foam and not enough cleaning. If I reduced the amount of shampoo in order to cut down on the foam, it did not clean well. So I switched to a lower sudsing product, the Eqyss Premier, which works great through my bathing system and is very hypoallergenic. I've been using it as a main product for nearly 10 years. But I've got to have other options.

For scissored grooms or terrier coats, I like EZ-Groom Structure. For whitening, I use a horse product called "Quik Color" (from KV Vet). The conditioning shampoo I love is ShowSeason "AminoFlex". For faces I use SouthBark Blueberry Facial. In the Medicated dept. I have Eqyss Microtek and ShowSeason Soothe. When a highly fragrant result is desired, I use ShowSeason "System" and their "Condition."

For best ever fluff drying and scissoring results, I use no conditoner, but finish with ShowSeason "Results Rinse".

For a hypoallergenic alternative conditioner, I use a product from Sally's Beauty Supply called "Cure Care" that has no fragrance and no colorant.

For undercoat removal, I use Furminator solution, Lambert Kay Cream Rinse, Best Shot & Refurbish, sometimes mixing the last two. I also add Chris Christensen Ice on Ice or Show Sheen to regular conditioners to improve detangling and coat removal.

The list goes on...

bowwowwheels
Registered Member
Username: bowwowwheels

Post Number: 1244
Posted From: 4.152.207.227
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, one shampoo LINE!!! And it would be EQyss! Their stuff works as the bottle says it does and I've looked and looked and looked to find a better base shampoo and can't. LOVE the stuff and have been using it for 12-15 years? So long I can't remember LOL!!

ferurizonly
Registered Member
Username: ferurizonly

Post Number: 596
Posted From: 70.48.0.239
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 7:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Les Pooch Botanique....

animalhouse
Registered Member

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmmm...never tried natures choice in a surge..I have a bathmaster type system that I built and it is nonrecirculating...cleans quick and don't have to worry about putting dirt back on the dog or a foam prob..I used premier but it don't help with itchy dogs and I get alot of them..the microtek made the coat feel funny to me...so thats why I went with the natures choice...take care all!--Barb

groomnpoodles
Registered Member
Username: groomnpoodles

Post Number: 333
Posted From: 63.173.214.196
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use Natures Choice products in my bathing systems. (Lucky me, there is a Bath Master, Bathing Beauty and Prima here at the clinic!) I use Golden Hypo in the Prima system and Plum Silky & Coconut Clean in the Bath Master. My favorite to use with the recirculating system is Lavnderm. How do you choose just ONE??!!! Best Shot, Alpha White, Bark2Basics Oatmeal, ... etc etc etc LOL

rudynbellas
Registered Member
Username: rudynbellas

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 74.38.238.20
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pet Silk Rainforest is my very favorite,
I use Oxymed for problem skin.
I also use a lot of Desert Almond for Groomers edge,
I like most of the Pet Silk products,
Ismart D-Mat, is the greatest. for all types of coats...

bbird
Registered Member

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Barb - Just to clarify.. You don't have to worry about putting dirt back on a dog with a recirculating bathing system. The dirt is held in suspension by the surfactants. That's how shampoos work. Picture little "pac-men" grabbing hold and surrounding particles of dirt and sebum. Individual molecules of detergent surfactant attach to dirt like a magnet. Also, detergent molecules form clusters, or micelles, that surround particles. These attachments do not break down as the solution is recirculated.

As shampoo is recirculated through the dog's coat, more and more of the available surfactant molecules are used up. On a very filthy beast, the solution may become saturated and will not hold any more dirt, whereupon it is dumped and a second bath applied.

When you bathe by hand, the same cleansing action takes place, except usually not all available surfactant molecules are used up. And there is the introduction of suds. Suds happens when surfactant surrounds air, forming foam or bubbles. Suds help to spread the surfactant through the hair, and tell you where you've been, but suds itself does not clean. Most of the cleaning happens during the rinsing, when bubbles are broken down and the surfactant molecules can attach to dirt rather than air.

Oh dear, I don't know why I started this, but every time I read about "putting dirt back on the dog" I feel compelled to clarify.
Please excuse me. I'll stop now...

animalhouse
Registered Member

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know all about that..I had a Good teacher so I learned all about how soap is supposed to work...I Get alot of dirty dogs and groom way to many a day to have to stop and defoam and drain and change the water and add more soap....thats why I use a bath master like system. I can do all I need to do at a flip of a switch, change shampoos ect..And my customers tell me how even more wonderful their dogs look and feel after I changed systems..so it made it all worth it..I'm glad you posted though...i'm sure it will help someone who never really knew how shampoo works...take care!--Barb

thedotteddog
Registered Member
Username: thedotteddog

Post Number: 3558
Posted From: 69.106.180.136
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BBird, Don't stop. one day they will "get" it.
I cannot even imagine not having a bathing system. The wear and tear on my hands and arms and shoulders alone make it worth it. My clients rave about how clean and fluffy my groom dogs come out and WAY less work, shampoo, and water is used.
It's true, to each his own, but it still doesn't hurt to repeat a lesson.

gone2dogs
Registered Member
Username: gone2dogs

Post Number: 310
Posted From: 156.34.177.31
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh I want one! lol The more I hear the more I convince myself I cannot live without one...sigh someday when there is $$$ (oh and customers!)

kitty
Username: kitty

Post Number: 1700
Posted From: 64.12.116.72
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you bbird...I didn't know that bit about a bubble being surfactant surrounding air! So you can teach an old dog a new trick!
And g2d...look for the instructions on this board on how to put togther your own recirculating system. You can probably do it for under 100 bucks! Who needs to wait?

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 4679
Posted From: 156.34.250.227
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carla, hook up a Bowser Blaster. Works very well and dirt cheap.

travelin_mac
Registered Member
Username: travelin_mac

Post Number: 429
Posted From: 71.84.118.77
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For a one shampoo or or product line, my vote goes to Coat Handlers.

papsnpaints
Registered Member
Username: papsnpaints

Post Number: 515
Posted From: 24.225.4.194
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been really happy with Davis Products. I use more "Gold" than any other shampoo. I bought some trial sizes of Show Season last year at Groom Classic and plan to buy some this year. I wonder about the effectiveness of medicated shampoos. I think most skin problems come from within the body rather than external. Also I do use a recirc bather and I think that would dilute the medicated shampoos beyond effectiveness. Would I have to hand wash with medicated?

bbird
Registered Member

Post Number: 126
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Medicated shampoos are intended for direct application. I usually shampoo first with an hypoallergenic through the Bathing Beauty for cleansing, and then apply the medicated to the clean coat directly and after waiting the recommended time, I rinse it through with the BB.

eli
Registered Member
Username: eli

Post Number: 221
Posted From: 65.32.26.19
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bbird,
So am I wasting shampoo by having my pump in a 5 gallon bucket (of water and shampoo) instead of having it directly in the tub with the dog?

Thanks!
Erica

magnolia
Registered Member
Username: magnolia

Post Number: 2069
Posted From: 24.174.31.185
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like the Kelco stuff but I just put an order in with Davis for the quick dry spray and decided to try their aromatherapy shampoo. I LOVE it! I picked up the Lavender and with it diluted it goes a lonnng way, leaves the coat nice and also leaves a nice scent afterward when they're dry! I'll definately be getting more of that!

thedotteddog
Registered Member
Username: thedotteddog

Post Number: 3562
Posted From: 69.106.180.136
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like most Davis products.
BBird, I do the same with medicated shampoos after you mentioned that technique in a previous post. It works great. I am fast becoming a fan of EQyss.

bbird
Registered Member

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erica, you are using a lot more water (and shampoo) than I am. I have a large human tub that has a incline to the drain. I use about 1.5 gallons per bath and 1/2 to 1 oz shampoo. How much water is needed to operate a pump depends on the size and style of tub and the pump itself. A flat bottom tub requires more solution to cover the bottom of the pump. The Bathing Beauty pump is great for working with minimum water.

Unless you have a means for the water in the tub to return to the bucket, the bucket use is mainly losing the recirculating benefit of the bathing system. You are not getting the full potential from your bathing system.

Are you using the bucket because you don't want the pump in the tub? Or do you have a huge flat tub that uses a lot of water to cover the pump? I'd stick that pump in the tub and give it a go!

eli
Registered Member

Post Number: 222
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 6:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bbird
Thanks soo much for your help!
I don't fill the bucket all the way up with water- water usage depends on the size of the dog.

I use the bucket because I don't want the dirty water/shampoo running off the dog going back into the water (in the tub) going back into the pump then going back on the dog I'm trying to get clean.

Does that make sense?
Thanks again!
Erica

bbird
Registered Member

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erica. I understand where you are coming from, really. But it does not make sense scientifically. You are thinking that the dirt is loose in the water when actually it is being held onto by the shampoo molecules. This is what shampoo is all about, and how cleansing occurs. The shampoo holds onto the dirt even when run back through the pump and into the coat. The dirt does not go back on the dog. I promise!

A similar process happens in your clothes washer. The dirt is held in suspension in the washing solution while it is agitated through the clothes. Then the wash water is dumped and the clothes are rinsed. This is basically what we do in a recirculating bath.

wattadog
Registered Member
Username: wattadog

Post Number: 807
Posted From: 80.229.11.236
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YUP! What she said ^

eli
Registered Member

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks bbird!!
It's clearer now! And my wallet thanks you!

Jennifer,
When I saw your name I just knew you were going to be chanting Kelco Kelco!! :-)

Thanks again!!
Erica

paddyred
Registered Member
Username: paddyred

Post Number: 323
Posted From: 70.53.22.197
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wahl critter clean, i discovered it not to long ago, if i had to use only one it would be this, oh and flea shampoo and hypo. lol. paddy

wattadog
Registered Member
Username: wattadog

Post Number: 808
Posted From: 80.229.11.236
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL... actully its a toss up between Kelco & Show seasons... if I had to choose only 1 Line? ....Bugger.....cant...

underdog
Registered Member
Username: underdog

Post Number: 514
Posted From: 69.46.213.54
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 9:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've really come to love the John Stazko shampoo for most of my regulars. I love how the coats are so soft & shiny! The fragrance had to grow on my awhile.
For specialty shampoos I love Espree. I like the Pomegrante one & the Dark Coat with Lemon Oil, mmmmmm.

fluff_npuff
Registered Member
Username: fluff_npuff

Post Number: 170
Posted From: 12.156.114.200
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay....One is NOT enough.But I use the bathing beauty and hate stazkos(separates in the gallon jug).Furminator (especially sucks)and bark2basics(not really sure why I don't like it).Love Grimeinator(my hands hate it).Can't say one way or another about EZ groom shampoo.I can't seem to get attached to them.I do LOVE the answer from EZ-Groom.Chose Eqyss,Coat Handler and Best Shot.The Answer is perfect for those dogs that you know are regularly groomed but still get friction mats on their tummies and arm pits.This takes them out and leaves the dog feeling WONDERFUL!The dilution directions on the bottle don't really work.What I do is 1 capful per 32 oz.bottle of diluted shampoo.Then I use it in the recirculator.Then I wash the matted areas,face,feets and butt with the mixed shampoo.Dry fully and then brush,brush,brush.

dogdayz
Registered Member
Username: dogdayz

Post Number: 642
Posted From: 207.119.81.151
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For the first winter ever my hands have never looked better since switching to Eqyss as my basic shampoo! I still use grimenator for the first bath on some nasties,(sometimes leaves a residue on the dog I dont like, and yes I rinse really well)and the cloud 9 conditioner is awesome!

huckleberry
Registered Member
Username: huckleberry

Post Number: 99
Posted From: 216.135.25.190
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm with Vivilee- I'd choose the Laube Wild Animal too. Just got some of this shampoo and am loving it!
Love all of the Kelco line.
And after hearing all of the raves on Micro-Tek, I tried some and am loving that too!
Just got done trying B2B (again...only tried a few samples before, but the bathers at the shop I use to work at hogged it so much I didn't get a good trial). It was okay.
I loved the Griminator too, but my hands also hated it!
Never did care for the EZ Groom line, but their colognes are awesome.

fluff_npuff
Registered Member
Username: fluff_npuff

Post Number: 173
Posted From: 12.156.114.200
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a clients dog knock the honey lavender cologne off of my table and run through it.Had to explain to the owner why her dog smelled like a house.Sticking with the plumeria scent from bark2basics.

tatugrrl
Registered Member
Username: tatugrrl

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 208.5.86.227
Posted on Thursday, March 8, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my favorites are bark to basics line they all work for me. cant top the natures specilties love the lavnderm and for my white dogs the coat handler clarifiying works on the silver dogs really well to.

doggie_in_the_window
Registered Member
Username: doggie_in_the_window

Posted From: 204.181.85.148
Posted on Friday, March 9, 2007 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most of the products I use are Davis. They have great customer service! The shampoo I use the most is Davis Plum Natural. Cleans well, smells great and makes the fur feel really nice. On the white or light colored dogs I like to mix equal parts of the Plum Natural with the Premium Color Enhancing Shampoo for the second shampoo. Makes the whites really intense.

madra
Registered Member
Username: madra

Post Number: 340
Posted From: 72.128.87.12
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After a few years of experimenting with several brands, I have settled on Coat Handler. Love it, love it. Microtek is awesome, and I've seen results on dogs where nothing worked. I also like Espree energee plus for dirty dogs, and blueberry facial for faces. I used to love NS plum silky but too many dogs were reacting to it.
Every time I find a shampoo I love, I find another one I love more. My groomer friends laugh at my "collection", lol.

4pawssake
Registered Member
Username: 4pawssake

Post Number: 710
Posted From: 142.68.184.166
Posted on Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I finally tried Grimenator. I love it, smells so nice. Think I'll try it on my own hair.
Wendy

k9stylist1968
Registered Member
Username: k9stylist1968

Post Number: 211
Posted From: 75.35.60.32
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 8:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm... I think one shampoo is nearly impossible, but if I HAD to have only one, I think it would be Show Season Lavender. I had a sample lying around and used it (in my home-made recirculater) on two wild Border Collie mixes a couple weeks ago. WOW!!!! They came out super soft, dried as quickly as with SS SpeedDry, smelled divine, and their coats sparkled like I'd put spray glitter on them. Their white areas were whiter than with any whitening shampoo. And the Lavender scent seemed to have a calming effect on them.

I still have to have my Stazko's shampoo for the poodles/bichons, although I do like the results I've gotten with Coat Handler. I've been using Stazko's for years with no problems, though, and I'll probably stick with it. His seems to work as well/better than either the Furminator or Tropiclean Oxy-Deshed, so that eliminates the need for special deshedding shampoos.

Unfortunately, perfume and suds are what make my employer's decision on shampoos, so if I want shampoos that actually WORK I have to pay half the cost. For free, I can use the ones he prefers, but his dogs are smooth-haired, so just about ANY shampoo will do for them. Still can't convince him that what makes his dogs smell good and look glossy won't work for a poodle or a terrier.... BBird--HELP me convince him! His favorite oatmeal is that 8 in 1 cr@p sold at the PetSomethings. IMO, that's like a people salon using Suave....

bulldogmom
Registered Member
Username: bulldogmom

Post Number: 139
Posted From: 67.191.189.241
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My favorites are Stazko, Eqyss, Show Season Results Rinse, Grimenator... and I tried Nature's Specialty's Smelly Dog and it works AMAZING on big furries like chows. Kind of smells like cherry cough syrup but it works. I like Isle of Dog for their sprays, but not so much their shampoos. And I use only Show Season colognes.

If I could only have one I'd choose Eqyss Premier.

pasobrio
Registered Member
Username: pasobrio

Post Number: 1784
Posted From: 65.69.64.253
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My hands down choice a few months ago would have been EQyss Premier but now I am in love with Davis Plum Natural, and Premium Color Enhancing shampoos. I have had more comments than any other shampoo I've used. I even had one customer who lives in Florida and only comes here once a year call me to ask me what I did different this year to get his dog whiter and fluffier than ever before, he wanted to buy whatever shampoos and products I used. He also commented on how they stayed fluffy for weeks instead of days like normal. I also used Show Seasons Results Rinse on them, that was probably why their coat stayed fluffed out for so long. I also like Stazko for dogs with lots of undercoat, and matted dogs, it really does help deshed and demat.

skili
Registered Member
Username: skili

Post Number: 679
Posted From: 198.88.216.101
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I was force down to say ONLY ONE(please never): Do to dog sensitivities, safety, fragrance and tearless factor, it would be Quadrupeds Oatmeal Tearless.

handstripper
Registered Member
Username: handstripper

Post Number: 602
Posted From: 76.195.3.236
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would not live without Kelco Shampoos. Ultra Blue White and Cherry Conditioner.

scissors__suds
Registered Member
Username: scissors__suds

Post Number: 35
Posted From: 72.47.65.32
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 6:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kelco Plum White!! It is wonderful

ttkg
Registered Member
Username: ttkg

Post Number: 461
Posted From: 67.53.130.88
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently started using some of the Cardinal Gold Medal Formula 30 Shampoos. I am really liking them. I use a Bathing Beauty, and they get the dogs clean, and do help them dry faster. Lately I have tried the Shedless and Clean Scent formulas - I am almost out and have to find somewhere to order more! Good thing I made myself use up most of my other shampoos before trying these, cause now it is harder to use up the non-quick drying shampoos that I use to love LOL

bbird
Registered Member

Post Number: 349
Posted From: 69.9.30.138
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know that you can use ShowSeason Speed Dry shampoo as an additive to make other shampoos quick drying? It is becoming a staple product in my salon, but I could no more settle down with one sole shampoo than I could have only one kind of flower in my garden.

papsnpaints
Registered Member

Post Number: 1131
Posted From: 63.163.38.252
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am liking Show Season more and more. I absolutely love the System shampoo. I might try the speed dry trick.

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 1418
Posted From: 156.34.178.246
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 7:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like Show Seasons also. I have Down and Dirty and Bright. I should try the System Shampoo and the Speed dry Tip-thx!

bulldogmom
Registered Member
Username: bulldogmom

Post Number: 150
Posted From: 67.191.189.241
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wanted to add that Show Season will sell you a sample bag of all of their regular line for $10 and all of their naturals line for $5. It's great for figuring out what I like. (Results Rinse, their naturals glisten shampoo and leave-in conditioner, lavender shampoo, clean shampoo, shine, system are my favs). I didn't really like the amino flex shampoo. I used it on a cairn and a yorkie and they both seemed to come out greasy. The speed dry spray is great, too.

jengroomer
Registered Member
Username: jengroomer

Post Number: 643
Posted From: 97.97.78.36
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I could only use ONE shampoo, it would be Stazko.

sbearden
Registered Member
Username: sbearden

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 69.55.194.95
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bulldogmom,

Do you have a website or phone number for the Show Season samples? Thanks.

admin
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 638
Posted From: 68.95.126.62
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ShowSeason is a sponsor here :-)

http://www.showseasonproducts.com/

If you look above in the banner ad, you'll find their phone number too.

Barb

papsnpaints
Registered Member

Post Number: 1156
Posted From: 24.225.16.162
Posted on Friday, December 7, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know that you can use ShowSeason Speed Dry shampoo as an additive to make other shampoos quick drying?
I ordered a gallon of speed dry shampoo with my last Show Seasons order. I mixed it with some Davis gold that was getting low. I LOVE IT! I do think it helps them dry quicker. I guess I haven't used it by itself to see if it's even faster. I like the idea of adding it to my favorite shampoos.

borzoimom
Registered Member
Username: borzoimom

Post Number: 1230
Posted From: 12.201.83.108
Posted on Friday, December 7, 2007 - 9:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tip!

endoe
Registered Member
Username: endoe

Posted From: 72.174.29.152
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm brand new to the board and have learned so much reading all the posts. I opened my shop just one year ago and tried the Espree Line, but then switched to Hydro Surge after talking to groomers at SuperZoo 2007. I also met the Happy Tails people and was wondering if anyone has tried these products.

mylady
Registered Member
Username: mylady

Post Number: 909
Posted From: 68.236.151.22
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I ONLY use Show Seasons line, I even advertise that on my website so my customers can visit their site and read about the products and inform themselves. There are MANY fabulous shampoos out there, but I love Show Seasons and they have a shampoo to fit every need I have. I like the LEs Poochs but I got the same results with my Show Season and it's much cheaper. Top quality that won't break the bank! LOL
"Pugs, not Drugs"

elizo
Registered Member
Username: elizo

Post Number: 139
Posted From: 66.56.239.243
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 5:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just back from Hershey where I picked up a few small bottles of shampoos to test out in my mobile. Since I went mobile earlier this year, I have tried a bunch of shampoos to try and find one that left the dogs smelling good, cleaned well without drying out the coat. Years ago, all we used in the shop I worked at was NS Plumb Silky. I bought a bottle at Hershey and used it all this week in the mobile. OMG, after all that time and money, I am right back to Plumb Silky! I had forgotten how much I love that stuff! I ordered up a gallon right away! It will be my new go-to shampoo. Best Shot for the double coats, Microtek for the itchy dogs and B3 for the white dogs/coats that need to stand up to scissor. Yay, I'm done!

distinctivedog
Registered Member
Username: distinctivedog

Post Number: 438
Posted From: 98.226.81.83
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While I don't currently use it (employer prefers another brand), I LOVED Plum Silky for skirted cockers. I did NOT use it on most dogs though, as my hands would react to it if used too often, and some dogs as well. If a dog seemed to react to it, I wouldn't use it anymore, no matter how well it detangled the coat.
Brandi

tam2toys
Registered Member
Username: tam2toys

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 75.121.157.180
Posted on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Best Shot--and I am really getting rave reviews on using the spa line as well!

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 8752
Posted From: 68.90.163.187
Posted on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now, if I had to use one shampoo for overall body use, it would be ShowSeason Clean shampoo. It's my main shampoo at the clinic.

I also use their True Tearless for faces.

Barb

vroomvroom
Registered Member
Username: vroomvroom

Post Number: 1232
Posted From: 66.32.199.27
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 2:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use the Show Season Lavendar or the Clean for my main shampoo. Can't beat the quality and the smell is uplifting.

marymouse
Registered Member
Username: marymouse

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 205.188.116.131
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also use show season, tearless on face and clean on the body, I just bought a gallon of their lavender and love the smell and call me crazy but the dogs are drying faster with the lavender. Hmmm Mary

bluebonbon
Registered Member
Username: bluebonbon

Post Number: 3139
Posted From: 99.56.199.179
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 4:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just one, well then I would have to pick Kalco Fithy animal as it is a general purpose, odor removing, flea control, safe for cats, or very young animals. 50 to 1 so a little goes a LONG way.
The early bird gets the worm, UNLESS the night owl beat him to it.

rpg
Registered Member
Username: rpg

Post Number: 1485
Posted From: 70.53.31.172
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you like Grimenator... you'll LOVE
Ultimate -
My personal favourite and staple!

no_no_bad_doggie
Registered Member
Username: no_no_bad_doggie

Post Number: 48
Posted From: 68.59.192.165
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 7:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use Davis Gold as my #1,,,davis tearless on the faces. I like that they have fragrances to choose from to make the shampoo smell great. We switch around..but love the fresh and clean and french vanilla
Remember...what goes around comes around

petsfam
Registered Member
Username: petsfam

Post Number: 356
Posted From: 205.188.116.131
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 8:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love Ultimate too. :-)The dogs always smell and feel great...I try lots of shampoo, but always have the Ultimate on hand
“My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet”
~Edith Wharton~

sandy
Registered Member
Username: sandy

Post Number: 3181
Posted From: 99.2.40.253
Posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 9:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Show Season Clean has been my main shampoo for two years. I tried others but it smells the best, and works perfectly in the bowser blaster.
Dog Groomer...the meek should not apply!

rubymom
Registered Member
Username: rubymom

Post Number: 124
Posted From: 97.79.114.92
Posted on Friday, March 4, 2011 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One? Would Have to be Best Shot Ultra Wash. My other two standbys have been Kelco Filthy Animal, which I recently switched to Wild Animal Stampede as I was having a hard time with the FA diluting. Stuff is SO thick. Other standby was(is) Kelco Plum White, however, I've had problems with a white gunk forming in the shampoo and running a Cosmos system it's KILLING my filter ever fill. I was actually running the diluted shampoo through Cheesecloth to take the white gunk out.....but then I thought....Why are you doing this? Anyway, switched to a couple of Wild Animal All Out Blue, cleans well but if not diluted correctly they'll be All out Blue all right! I agree with the Plum Silky opnion I love it, but it simply will not work right where I am. My water is incredibly soft here.

wizardofpaws
Registered Member
Username: wizardofpaws

Post Number: 2837
Posted From: 72.173.192.58
Posted on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 8:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I could only have ONE shampoo, my choice would be Show Season's Texture. I used to use the Clean as my go-to shampoo (LOVE the smell and the way it leaves coats, well. . CLEAN! LOL!) But after trying their Texture I am HOOKED! It makes terrier coats crisp, adds texture and scissorability to poodle and bichon coats, and even crisps up fly away cottony maltese and shih-tzu coats. There is not a single dog you could not use this shampoo on (unless it needed a medicated or is allergic, that is!) It has never let me down.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be there sitting beside you saying "Man, that was fun!"

ajvolpe0809
Registered Member
Username: ajvolpe0809

Post Number: 26
Posted From: 97.103.38.238
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I had to choose one shampoo it would be HYPO and tearless. Very low risk of someone calling me and telling me there dog is scratching or has an eye problem from the bath. Still trying to find a good hypo/tearless shamppo. I do like Tropiclean. I love Les Pooch Bright- very good whitening
I do like the smell or Davis Fresh Apple.

underdog
Registered Member
Username: underdog

Post Number: 1757
Posted From: 69.46.214.131
Posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - 7:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have to agree with Meghan, I love Texture by Show Seasons & now I've realized it was the 1 shampoo I forgot to order while at APF. DANG IT!!
Well-behaved women seldom make history- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

petsfam
Registered Member
Username: petsfam

Post Number: 361
Posted From: 64.12.116.131
Posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You ladies have me curious about Texture...I have a sample bottle from SS that I've never used. How's Texture work for Shih Tzu's? We do a ton with terrible, cottony coats that never finish out great. I already use Results Rinse.
“My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet”
~Edith Wharton~

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2011 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.
Increase your website traffic with Attracta.com