Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Acupuncture Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Go Mobile And Blog » Acupuncture « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jessedawg
Registered Member
Username: jessedawg

Post Number: 334
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Acupuncture

Wikipedia defines acupuncture as the procedure of inserting and manipulating needles into various points on the body to relieve pain or for therapeutic purposes. I decided to do a little reading up on this topic because acupuncture has become near and dear to my heart. It is the reason I am able to work pain free. For the second time, after just one treatment, my arm is as good as new. I find it miraculous!

It all started back in June when I began having pain in my right elbow. I think it was the result of brushing dogs for over five years. It got to the point where I couldnÕt bend my arm or straighten it. The pain got so bad I described it to my husband as feeling like someone hit a nail into my elbow! I thought I was going to be forced to take time off from work, see a traditional doctor, wind up on medication, a regimen of physical therapy, perhaps cortisone shots with still no guarantee of a cure. I decided to give acupuncture a try. I had nothing to lose. I called my insurance company and found it was partially covered by my insurance at $60 a visit.

Off I went to see Lily Chen, a licensed acupuncturist, hoping for some relief. I needed help and quick! Luckily my treatment began a week before my daughters wedding which gave me the opportunity to take a few days off because we were so busy getting things ready for the Òbig day.Ó As I sat in the office I wondered, ÒIs this really going to help?Ó Acupuncture is controversial and has been the subject of a lot of scientific research in regards to its effectiveness. Nothing has been proven even though it has been around for thousands of years. In addition, the placebo effect can occur. Would this happen to me?

IÕm not a fan of being stuck by needles (who is?) but as I lay on the table with needles in my feet, legs, hands, elbows, ear and head I felt very relaxed. The needles did not really hurt when they were inserted. The most interesting part was when I moved; I felt a Òzing.Ó I could tell something was happening! Lily set the timer for thirty minutes. There I lay, Ellen the pin cushion! When my time was time up, the needles were removed painlessly. I sat up feeling like I had woken up from a long, deep sleep. I was feeling good!!!! I bent my arm a few times to see how my elbow felt. HmmmmmÉ.it did feel better.

Over the next two weeks I went twice and guess what happened? My elbow got better and better until it was as good as new - like nothing ever happened! I am telling the truth. Ellen never lies! I was pain free!

My belief in acupuncture was confirmed when my arm started to bother me again five months later. Off I went to see Lily on Monday. I was heading into the holiday season and was as busy as could be. I didnÕt want to work in pain and I didnÕt want to take any time off. My doggies needed me. After one treatment do you know what happened? My arm felt as good as new again. ItÕs unbelievable! I am proof that acupuncture can work. Now I intend to get on a maintenance schedule just like I recommend to my grooming customers. Although it is not always a cure it puts you the pathway to heal. My goal is to visit Lily, my acupuncturist, once a month. I want and need to stay healthy. If you have aches and pains or have a reoccurring injury that plagues you, consider acupuncture. Not only might you feel better with as little medical intervention as possible, youÕll walk away with a sense of well-being and relaxation that youÕve never experienced before. IÕm a believer.
Author of Go Mobile And Succeed
Guest Groomer Animal Planet
CFMG Industry Speaker

lapdawg
Registered Member
Username: lapdawg

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is your thoughts on acupuncture and cancer. My sister has had breast cancer for 10 years. mastectomy, chemo, remission then on chemo i.v then pills for two years. Not working anymore, has stopped chemo for few months and tumour she has in liver growing faster now. She is starting to look at some alternative treatments. Do they use acupuncture for levelling out? Do you know anything about this? I've heard wonderful things about it and your story intreaged me.

jessedawg
Registered Member
Username: jessedawg

Post Number: 335
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 6:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not an expert. I can only talk about what happened to me. But if it was me I would certainly give it a try. My gal recommended six treatments for optimum results. I think it is worth looking into for your sister. It can do wonders physically and mentally and can provide relief on many levels. I hope it helps your sister.
Keep me posted.
~Ellen
Author of Go Mobile And Succeed
Guest Groomer Animal Planet
CFMG Industry Speaker

papsnpaints
Registered Member
Username: papsnpaints

Post Number: 3160
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brenda, email me. Mine is in my profile. I have some links to check out for alternative treatments. I have no personal testimonials but beleive there are answers that lie outside of mainstream medicine and drugs.
I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook.

"Even dirty girls gotta get clean sometime" - Pasobrio

ncylou
Registered Member
Username: ncylou

Post Number: 1264
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 6:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would research it on the net, there are a lot of alternative treatments. Look into Susan Sommers book "Knock out" a lot of cancer info and alternatives in there.
I've used acupuncture for my shoulder. Went to doc and wanted meds and 6 weeks of PT. Went to 3 treatments of acupuncture and fixed it. While I'm sure there are a lot of American practicioners I prefer one that has studied acupuncture in China or other parts of Asia. My lady and her husband are Doctors in China.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it... pee on it and walk away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.