Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Two down.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » General Groomers Chat » MISC. OFF-TOPIC » Two down.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kkohio
Registered Member
Username: kkohio

Post Number: 1122
Posted From: 4.252.102.58
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, so I go to see Jacqsyn yesterday, and we ended up at the new local tattoo shop! Guess who now has TWO tats?? LOL! Its a really cute paw print on my wrist. I love it! That is the only one that will show, so I guess not too bad. Hurt a lot more than the doc tat. This guy doesn't have the softer needles, or else I forgot how much these things hurt! LOL!

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 5409
Posted From: 67.65.62.45
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It hurt more because the area isn't as fleshy. The one I have that goes down onto my ankle hurt so much more than the other two. I swear if you cut my leg open you'll find color on my ankle bones. :-)

Pics?

Barb

sandy
Registered Member
Username: sandy

Post Number: 1931
Posted From: 70.140.22.94
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yee-ikes! That sounds soo painful, you girls are braver than I am for sure.

I have not shared my daughter's new tattoo, mainly because I hate, detest and abhor the thing; it's her first. She turned 18 in April and that very day went and got THIS: (yick)

I can't tell you how hard I cried when I saw it.

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1123
Posted From: 4.252.98.151
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sandy- why cry over something that made her so happy? It COULD be drugs! This is harmless, and lets her express herself. I think its really cool, but doubt if I would want that much done- hurts!! LOL! Really, its nothing but ink! And surely not visible. Barb, yeah, I know that, but I still like to think Frost's needles were better (he's a GREAT artist!!). How to get a pic to load on here? I did have the info somewhere, but lost it. Please tell me how again. Thanks! Hey- you wanna see squirming- when Jacqsyn got her Buckeye tat, she was almost in tears when he got closer to her ankle. Her body was shaking, and she couldn't stop it! The ones that I am getting are for a reason- "doc" was a tribute to my hubby, this is a tribute to my grooming, and the others might be just for fun (horseshoe, fish, yorkie).

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's just so BIIIGGG lol

wizardofpaws
Registered Member
Username: wizardofpaws

Post Number: 596
Posted From: 207.69.139.137
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HA! Sandy, if you think THAT'S big, you should see one of mine! LOL! I have a back piece that goes from just above my bra line down to about 2" above my lower back and stretches from side to side. That one hurt, you better believe! It took about 3 1/2 hours to do. And it's not finished yet. I just have the outline done, no coloring. I moved before I could get it completed and I am looking for a really GOOD color/shading artist to do the finishing on it. I have a total of 4 now and plan to get many more (when ever I will be able to afford it--probably never). I love tatoos and think that they are beautiful. How perfect to turn yourself into a canvas of self-expression! The one on my lower back hurt the most (it sits right over my kidney area), the one on my shoulder hurt the least. But I tell ya, tattoos are nothing compared to having a kid au naturale! Me and my friend Angie have been trying to talk Amie (theposhpet) into getting a tattoo together. We're thinking Hello Kitty! That would be awesome, but Amie's a big sissy! :-) Isn't that right, Amie?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be there sitting beside you saying "Man, that was fun!"

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1936
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't you think it's pretty big for a first tattoo though?

And of course I agree it's nothing like her taking drugs or whatever, but I still grieved over it.My other daughters each have a small tattoo but nothing like this. My son doesn't have one at all. But I guess that doesn't mean he never will.

theposhpet
Registered Member
Username: theposhpet

Post Number: 638
Posted From: 65.185.69.197
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Sandy, it's kinda of big for my taste but like WOP said it's teeny compared to hers. Hers is INSANE to me. Hey if it makes your daughter happy then it's great that she did it.

Ok...so I'm a siss! I do want a Hello Kitty tattoo though. But my first one hurt soooooo bad. But it was my ankle. Hello Kitty will go on my shoulder. Of course that's one of the only bony places left on my body so it should feel just great. I almost puked when I got my first one. I was all nauseated and prickly hot.

I think wiz may be some sort of sadist with the ink she's sporting (oh ya and the natural child birth..or childbirth period for that matter)
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh s#*%....she's awake!!'-anonymous email

magnolia
Registered Member
Username: magnolia

Post Number: 2667
Posted From: 76.31.131.97
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have to say Sandy, I kinda like it!LOL I have one on my ankle I wish I could change the design now but I don't regret getting it. I still want a pink poodle! LOL Not sure what to think about the barbed wire on the top of the Texas design but I still like it! :-)

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1937
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

magnolia what is the one on your ankle? Could it be re-designed into something else?

I'm not a pain chicken I had four big babies the old fashioned way (not all at the same time thank God -LOL)but I don't get doing it on purpose when you don't have to. I know how painful it was for my daughter (I have pictures of her getting it that night taken by her best friend). As I said this is her FIRST tattoo and she already has her second: Now explain this to me- In God We Trust on the side of her FOOT; what is it, a dollar bill or something?

You can tell I am not a fan of tattoos in general. I hate to be that way, what people do is their business and my daughter is 18. I can't help it. I remember how years ago I couldn't get it that my fil so disapproved of pierced ears! Lord I never understood it, each of my daughters had them done at age 5 and he hated it. I guess this is how he felt- he is gone now, I guess he'd have exploded if he saw that tattoo on Holly's back!! (I am chuckling thinking about it). My own mother just shrugged a what are you gonna do?" shrug about the tattoo. Man,she was never that cool when I was growing up!!! What happened??

wizardofpaws
Registered Member

Post Number: 601
Posted From: 207.69.137.10
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eh, yeah, well it is a little big for a first timer, but that just means your girl is tough! LOL! She just decided that instead of dipping her toes in, she'd just dive right in! We all need a little bit of daring like that in our lives, especially if it is something that no harm will come of. I have 4 and I don't regret any of them. I did get a boyfriend's name tattooed on me (ok, you guys, I know, I know, stupid!) I got it covered over, but honestly that is actually the part I regret. I wish I would have just left it in it's original state. Reason is, that relationship 'left it's mark' on me! LOL! Point is, life is too short to 'sweat the small stuff'!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be there sitting beside you saying "Man, that was fun!"

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1938
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh btw Magnolia that barbed wire is a halo, to go with the angel wings on the Texas *sigh*

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

magnolia
Registered Member

Post Number: 2669
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The one I have is fairly nice size for my ankle not sure if it could be redone into something else or not? I just don't want it any bigger than what it is.

tat1
tat2
tat3

progroom
Registered Member

Post Number: 5411
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sandy
My mother felt the same way when I got my first one. She was devastated and I was 30+ years old. :-)

It's funny though, it never bothered her when my daughter got them. I think she was 6 or 7 now. She is a preschool teacher and just got a row of primary colored little hand prints that kind of wind up from her ankle to about 1/3 up the length of her calf.

She got her first one when she was almost 18. I knew as soon as she turned 18 she was getting it anyway, so I let her do it early. The artist is a very good friend of mine. She ended up working in his studio for awhile.

Karen, there is a button just below the area you type in, that says Upload Attachment. Another window opens that lets you browse your computer for the one you want.

Barb
Barb

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Magnolia I LOVE the color, it has really stayed bright. what don't you like about it?

magnolia
Registered Member

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of my daughters came up to me last week she is 14 and wanted to know if she could get her belly button pierced, I told her uhhh NOOO! LOL Told her she could do anything she wants when she is 18 but not until then! lol

I have had body parts pierced (other than ears) and the tattoo and I have no issues with her getting them but I would rather her wait till she is 18 instead of doing things on a "whim" right now trying to be like others. Heck if she wants on her 18th birthday I'll even take her and pay for it! LOL

redneckdiva
Registered Member
Username: redneckdiva

Post Number: 159
Posted From: 70.232.55.244
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a paw print on my big tow. It is suppose to be a pink paw outlined in black. but i found out that i won't take pink. after two tries. so now i am going to a differant color. I have my name in japanese on my inside ankle. my next will either be a poodle on my shoulder or one for my daughter who is fighting brain cancer! I can't come up with anything for her yet.

magnolia
Registered Member

Post Number: 2671
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't like the arrow part lol I actually got this when I was 25 yrs old umm...13 yrs ago. My exhusband got it for me for our anniversary which we seperated a month later! LOL

Actually a funny story about tattoos....
My first ex husband went and got a tattoo 2 yrs after we married he got a cowskull tattooed onto his arm..we divorced a month later.
My second ex husband got a cowskull tattooed on his right calf when I got my tattoo..we seperated a month later and got a divorce.
The last guy I dated for 5 yrs went and got a tattoo...he said he wanted a cowskull I told him not to get it..he got it..we broke up 3 months afterwards! LOL I guess cowskull tattoos are my omen. I want one but I'm afraid I'll end up dead a month later lol

magnolia
Registered Member

Post Number: 2672
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooh I want to get another one too..a friend of mine's husband does tattoo work and has a tattoo/tanning studio he has the coolest ink ever..it glows under a black light!!!

progroom
Registered Member

Post Number: 5412
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one on my left leg that I'd like to get changed a bit. It's beautiful irises, but we did some shading behind that I don't like as much as I thought I would. I've heard that going over an existing tattoo is ouchier than the original. I've been too chicken to find out what someone could do for it.

Barb

rene
Registered Member
Username: rene

Post Number: 656
Posted From: 76.105.180.255
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

magnolia, I like it! Color, feathers and arrow!

wizardofpaws
Registered Member

Post Number: 602
Posted From: 207.69.139.155
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 6:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I like it too, Magnolia! Barb, you sound like my Mom (She is so cool sometimes) and the type of Mom I am! My first tattoo my Mom and aunt were going to the tattoo parlour to get one together. I tagged along. Once they started picking out what they wanted I begged to get one too! I was 17 and a few months away from graduation so she decided to buy it for me as a graduation present! That's one of the best gifts you can get, IMO. I still have it with me 10 years later and carry it (and the memories) every where I go! It is a little grey tabby cat sitting on his haunches batting at a blue butterfly. He is so cute!

Magnolia--I would definately stay away from cow skull tats if I were you! That is very strange. I wonder what the cows are trying to tell you! LOL!

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1127
Posted From: 4.252.103.95
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 6:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I tried to upload this, but it says too large. Someone had on here how to resize pics. Help?

admin
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 816
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.groomers.net/discus/messages/91/100510.html?1193271339

Barb

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I will (and do) get her anything she wants; goes ditto for all my kids and they know it. Just don't like the tats, I think they give people impressions about a person that aren't necessarily true, and I think it's hard enough in this world without adding to it, esp. at her age.(and btw I think that is wrong but it's just reality.) Also, when you are so young, are your tastes the same in ten years(or even five?) I know mine are not the same as they were when I was 18; but that thing on her back better be considered permanent, cause I can't see doing any other design with it. I feel the way Magnolia said-when you are so young decisions are iffy- I also think it's not good to have to figure out what you're going to do with your life at age 18- i.e., college majors, etc. And by the way, it's mainly THAT tatoo I don't like- I just don't think it's cute or pretty or whatever it is she was going for. My oldest daughter has a moon and stars that I really like.(ankle)

OK that's enough. The tats aren't going anywhere so it's up to me to live with them. And I for sure don't want to give the impression that I DISAPPROVE of tatoos, on my daughter or anyone else--I just don't LIKE them. I am not judging anyone at all. That's not up to me to do, and I am sure I have/do lots of things that other people don't care for.

However I love seeing pics of all of y'all's- Magnolia I agree, no more COWSKULLS!

kitty
Username: kitty

Post Number: 2266
Posted From: 68.197.189.1
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, Mags,,,you give new definition to the saying "until the cows come home"...don't do it!
Cats Rule!

theposhpet
Registered Member

Post Number: 641
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok here's mine and I didn't realize how bad it was looking these days until I took this picture. It's on my calf almost to my ankle if you can't tell. I got it in February of '95 when I was 19. I don't think I would get the same tattoo today. Considering my age at the time, I probably could've made a worse choice.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh s#*%....she's awake!!'-anonymous email

wizardofpaws
Registered Member

Post Number: 603
Posted From: 207.69.140.24
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, Amie, that IS looking a little rough! It'd still be purty though if it was re-done! I still love the little kitty that I got when I was 17! I can't manage to get a decent pic of it though. . . it's on my boob and I can't get the angle right! Maybe tomorrow night I'll have DH get pics of all my ink!

theposhpet
Registered Member

Post Number: 643
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I'm sure the 40 lbs. I have now that I didn't when I got it don't help. I really should have it touched up.

magnolia
Registered Member

Post Number: 2673
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that's why I am so glad I never got a tattoo on my boobs! LOL Everything is going south, I'd probably have to sling a boob over my shoulder and take a picture of my back in the mirror to get it! LOL

sandy
Registered Member

Post Number: 1942
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Magnolia hahahaha!!! Now THAT would be a picture!!

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1131
Posted From: 4.252.102.106
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 7:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I am afraid that in years to come, "doc" will be long and droopy!!

theposhpet
Registered Member

Post Number: 644
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

KK...how many years were you married before you got your Doc tattoo? I have been thinking about getting a tribute to mine but everyone I know who has done that has ended up divorced. We'll have been married 10 years in Jan. with no signs of splitting up. I just don't want to jinx us.

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1132
Posted From: 4.252.99.152
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We celebrated 37 in Aug, and I got it in Sept. No splitting up here!! Go for it.

nakedbacon
Registered Member
Username: nakedbacon

Post Number: 776
Posted From: 209.196.226.120
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wanted a tat when i was probably 20.. my DH (at the time, we divorced in 04) was VERY against it... usually he was easy going but was adamant that I not get a tat. Well, he went on vacation with his dad and came home with what you might ask?! A TAT!!!!!!!! I was like "nice." By that time we were headed down the divorce road, but still... he did it to spite me, I just know it LOL. I still do not have a tat and do not want one now. My hubby now would FREAK if I ever branded my body that way. HA! funny stuff.

KK - if you want to email me your pic, I can resize and post for you.
"I bet the last time you were sorry was when you had to use the pay toilet and the string to your pet dime broke!!"

"If you're too tense, reduce to one-fifth."

jaqusyn
Registered Member
Username: jaqusyn

Post Number: 254
Posted From: 66.209.138.235
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a great picture of KK getting both tattoos but she'd kill me if I posted them!!!! LOL!! Here is mine that I got with KK in Hershey last year. I have another one on my left ankle of Tigger!
Shelly aka Jaqusyn!!

wizardofpaws
Registered Member

Post Number: 699
Posted From: 207.69.137.41
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I finally got DH to take pics for me. Here they are. (And after doing this I decided that I really need to get them all redone!)

My first one ever:
1sttat

My second:
sleepykitty

My third (I drew this one myself):
devildog

And my masterpiece on the canvas that is my skin:
triplegoddess

rpg
Registered Member
Username: rpg

Post Number: 1011
Posted From: 64.201.55.65
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 6:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here'e my one tatoo. Anyone who has a tatoo knows how hard white is to accomplish. So I decided to have it done this way. It's my Dalmatian's face :o)
I also have one of an African Pigmy hedgehog (I do rescue) and one of my Dalmatian in a live action shot from 2004 in fyball o)tatoo

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1175
Posted From: 4.252.96.150
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beautiful tattoos! Keep em coming. I have 3 more that I want- Doc thinks I am nuts!! LOL! Its only ink, and very addictive!

bowwowwheels
Registered Member
Username: bowwowwheels

Post Number: 1919
Posted From: 66.32.20.146
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a pink bird, does that count?

lexa
Registered Member
Username: lexa

Post Number: 56
Posted From: 71.28.99.51
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whose are beautiful tattoos.
I would like to get one but my DH will probably divorce me if I do it. Maybe I will be able to get one as part of "midlife crisis" in couple years.

eli
Registered Member
Username: eli

Post Number: 624
Posted From: 68.200.27.192
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wizard-
what does your masterpiece say?

mylady
Registered Member
Username: mylady

Post Number: 1079
Posted From: 72.92.178.40
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 1:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jaqusyn my hubby would LOVE you! DIE HARD Ohio State fan!
I'm so chicken I don't even have my ears pierced! You are all much braver than I!
"Pugs, not Drugs"

wizardofpaws
Registered Member

Post Number: 703
Posted From: 207.69.139.133
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 6:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

eli-- It says "All living things are mine own, from me they come, to me they go . . ." It's an ode to the triple goddess (Maiden, Mother, Crone), the stages of life that all women must pass through (even if you don't have kids, as women you still are a life-giver and nurturer). It reminds me of the continuous life cycle that we live in of birth, death, and rebirth as energetic beings. We each come from women as we enter this world and as we die we are clutched to the bosom of mother earth again. I gave this tat YEARS of thought, I agonized over just what I wanted it to look like and say and it ended up being more than I could ever hope for. The artist was superb! I came in with little more than a stick-figure sketch from me and some examples of fantasy artist Amy Brown's work and this is what he created for me. I love it! My only regret was I wish I could have had it somewhere on me that I didn't have to look in a mirror to see so that way I could enjoy it more often! But with the amount of detail he put into it the back was the only option. Here is his original sketch:
MaidenMotherCroneSketch
I still need to get the color done.

Thanks for asking about that, eli. It is something I am really proud of. :-)

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1176
Posted From: 4.252.102.137
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 6:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ALL of these tattoos are gorgeous, but then I just love tats. I don't like the really "out there" ones of skulls, crossbones, witches, wizards,all of the darker tattoos that don't look good to me. I am doing mine for an expression of my life, I don't get some of these sleeves, or the huge tats on the bodies. Yeah, Patty, your pink bird would be wonderful! LOL! Melissa, I don't know about being brave, but I guess I just wanted this so much that I was going to put up with some pain to get it. Tickles me when people ask-did that hurt?? YES, it hurts, its needles! You also should see the tat that jacqsyn's hubby got across his back of OSU! Its huge, but really cool. I don't think I would be THAT brave!

eli
Registered Member
Username: eli

Post Number: 628
Posted From: 68.200.27.192
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is very cool!

I want one around my wrist one day. I too would want to put a lot of thought into it & would want a great artist.

jaqusyn
Registered Member

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a picture of my hubby's tattoo that kk was talking about. Mylady, your husband would love this one. If you are a "true" Ohio State fan then there is no explanation needed.It turned out absolutely AWESOME!
Shelly aka Jaqusyn!!

brahmadog
Registered Member
Username: brahmadog

Post Number: 355
Posted From: 204.210.238.179
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ooooooooooo I LOVE that tatoo!!
3 more days!!!!!!!!
GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To keep this on topic, I have two tats. One I got when I was 20, it's scooby doo on my calf. the other i got a few years ago, two black pawprints on my shoulder. I want another really bad but I'm not sure what to get.

kkohio
Registered Member

Post Number: 1179
Posted From: 4.252.99.0
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to decide about the horseshoe or the fish next.. Yorkees is going to draw out my Topher's head so I can have that on my shoulder. I did see a fabulous Yorkie on a girl's back in Hershey. I wanted to ask her where she got it, but didn't. I twas really big, but it was gorgeous. I doubt if I would ever get anything that big. This thing covered her whole back!

mylady
Registered Member
Username: mylady

Post Number: 1082
Posted From: 72.92.178.40
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey can I copy that and send it to my husband? That is AWESOME!
"Pugs, not Drugs"

jaqusyn
Registered Member

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 6:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mylady, I can send you the actual picture we got it from if you want. But if you want to copy this that is fine with me! Spread that BUCKEYE cheer!!!!
GO BUCKEYES!!!!!
Shelly aka Jaqusyn!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.