Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Appointment Books? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » General Groomers Chat » MISCELLANEOUS » Appointment Books? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

melythegroomer
Registered Member
Username: melythegroomer

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 4:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am getting so frustrated trying to find an appointment book. I am a big planner, so I have been using my personal planner book for my dog grooming appts, but theres limited space to write. So I went to walmart to find an appointment book, they didn't have any.

SOO i went to staples, thinking they MUST have them because they are all about office supplies...

well i looked and looked and eventually the manager was helping me look, and couldn't find any! I want something that has the dates and times pre-written, that's also 2011 and 2012 (i kept finding just 2012's! ugh!) and I want the times written in 15minute increments and I want enough space where I can write something like:

9:30am - Fluffy, owner sally. needs basic bath and trim. 123-4567.

I couldn't find anything that i wanted at staples, and so now im looking online, but all i can find is online appointment software. id much rather write it down on real paper. lol

where do you all get your appointment books?

rpg
Registered Member
Username: rpg

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I make my own using Excel.... to my exact wishes :o)

wattadog
Registered Member
Username: wattadog

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you checked Sallys? they have ones for hairdressers, might have something that would work for you.

foxy_doxie
Registered Member
Username: foxy_doxie

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have found that you can't get new one until at least Sept. or Oct. When the new school year starts. Then I get them at staples or office max.

catsmom
Registered Member
Username: catsmom

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 5:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On your computer: Outlook, the calendar feature. Very detailed, can adjust times, view in several formats, day, week, month. You can plug in recurring appts ~ Poofy wants to come in every 4 weeks for the rest of the year, enter it, done, she's on the calendar. Plenty of room to make notes.

Paper? What's paper?!!! Do they still make that stuff? Is it next to the records and 8 track tapes?

LOL, I'm just teasing, but I actually don't do anything on paper anymore. The other thing I found funny this week, faxing. I actually had to fax something to someone. Ya kiddin', right? I can't just scan it and email it? LOL

melythegroomer
Registered Member

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 5:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks guys! I found one at sally's for only 7 bucks! i have to fill in the dates myself but that's okay. it at least has the other things i was looking for. :-)

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 9262
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 7:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I get mine at Wal-Mart in the Daily Planner section. The one I like, when opened, shows the full week. I think the left side is split into thirds, Mon, then below it is Tuesday and Wednesday. The right side has the same size Thurs, Friday and then Sat and Sun are side by side so, not as much space.

It probably has a dozen or so lines on each day.

Barb

sandy
Registered Member
Username: sandy

Post Number: 3204
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 7:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also get mine at Walmart, its the daily appointment book by Mead I think. I pay $12 compared to $40 at Office Max!
Dog Groomer...the meek should not apply!

doggie_in_the_window
Username: doggie_in_the_window

Post Number: 3399
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walmart for me too. I think mine is the same as Barb's book.
"I am fairly certain that given a cape, a nice tiara, and my dog at my side, I could save the world."

kitty
Username: kitty

Post Number: 4179
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm....I've just always kept my appointments on a big wall calendar...the ones that have 12 lines per day.
The best things in life...aren't things!

doggie_in_the_window
Username: doggie_in_the_window

Post Number: 3401
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like to take my book with me.
"I am fairly certain that given a cape, a nice tiara, and my dog at my side, I could save the world."

clover
Registered Member
Username: clover

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Staples. Sometimes they'll still have the current year kicking around, but as said above, the new one (2012) comes out late August/ early September and has all of the features you wanted.

The Sally's one is cheaper, though!

brahmadog
Registered Member
Username: brahmadog

Post Number: 740
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I take my book with me everywhere, too. It's all on my phone and syncs with my computer, too. :-)

bluebonbon
Registered Member
Username: bluebonbon

Post Number: 3199
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use a brand called "at a glance"professional appointments. I get the one that lists the whole week. they are online also but I get mine at office max? or staples,anyway, one of those type places. I have the one that shows a whole week. starts at 7 am and goes in 15 minute slots until 9 pm. I kept my old ones and have quite a collection. I am still learning how to do stuff digitally but "forgot" an appointment last week because it was in my iphone and not in the appointment book. I prefer to keep info in more then one place. My book is always within arms reach.
The early bird gets the worm, UNLESS the night owl beat him to it.

summer1
Registered Member
Username: summer1

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 6:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anybody use a Blackberry to keep their appts in?

catsmom
Registered Member
Username: catsmom

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 8:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I were mobile, I definitely would.

Since I am storefront, I use the Outlook on my laptop. Laptop just comes home with me when I want it to (like now ~ I'm sitting in my gazebo in my backyard, having coffee, going wireless) or stays in the shop during the week.

doggygirl
Registered Member
Username: doggygirl

Post Number: 8237
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 8:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have the same book as Barb and Cheri..it sounds. I like it and have used that same one for years. I think it is called "at a glance"

poodledude
Registered Member
Username: poodledude

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 8:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I print mine from google calenders . I actually use google calenders for my calender and I love it, and it is free!

groomnpoodles
Registered Member
Username: groomnpoodles

Post Number: 2176
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I buy the At A Glance, too, at Staples... the 4 person app't book. 4 individual grids across the page for the day... client name, dogs name-breed, phone number and the last space is for the am't of the groom, method of pay't, including tip. Just add it up at the end of the day and the week, so it acts as an income ledger too. I've used this same type of app't book for 5 years and it works perfectly for me. They are also easy to keep/store for client reference and are virtually impossible to tear up.
~Meg
The Paw Spaw
www.thepawspaw.com
Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else get your way.

papsnpaints
Registered Member
Username: papsnpaints

Post Number: 3486
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kim, if you keep it in a book and have it on your phone also - do you double enter it?
123Pet just announced the Andriod app so I can connect to my software to view and make appointments from my Droid. I think I'm going to like not having to take the dog off the table to go to the computer to make appointments. I could even make appointments away from the shop. I'd just have to teach my brain to function that way. When I'm not at work I don't want to think work.
God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change. The courage to change the one I can and the wisdom to know it's me.

brahmadog
Registered Member
Username: brahmadog

Post Number: 741
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have to double enter it. When I put it on my phone it automatically shows up on my laptop and vice versa. I have a Droid phone andsync my Outlook calendar with Google calendar.

sandy
Registered Member
Username: sandy

Post Number: 3207
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On another subject, I just bought an i pad and have done away with client cards altogether for my home grooming clients. All info is in the contacts app including a picture of the groomed pet. I also have every client's name and their pets name in my I phone contacts list, so when they call, I'm not caught off guard, trying to remember the dogs name and whatnot.
Dog Groomer...the meek should not apply!

melythegroomer
Registered Member

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 7:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I went to walmart all I could find was picked over books..hardly a selection. lol. making appt's online is interesting, but I'm kind of old school, i love the feel of a piece of paper and a good pen/pencil in my hands. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2011 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.
Increase your website traffic with Attracta.com