Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Maltese/ Pekingnese Mix grooming puppy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Pet Owners Ask the Groomer! » PUPPIES » Maltese/ Pekingnese Mix grooming puppy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Maltesemommie (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: 216.228.102.93
Posted on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 9:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi . I have a 13 weeks old puppy . He is half maltese/ half pekegnese.He looks like a fully blooded maltese except his back legs are shorter then the front like the pekegnese and he is not perfectly white. Now his hair is very fine cotton/ satin feeling.I brush him all the time but his is just now starting to get a little matted right close to the skin.I use the slicker brush and a metal fine toothed comb I bought directly from the groomer. He is very very hairy. Any sugestions?}

rev
Username: rev

Post Number: 5745
Posted From: 152.163.189.173
Posted on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He's just at an awful age for his coat, Maltesemom! This would be a great time to just have him clipped short for a while, until his adult coat starts coming in. The puppy fuzz is just horrible to try to keep combed out, as you're discovering.

You might want to get a coarse/medium toothed comb to work on his coat, if you keep it long. Use the coarse/medium comb first, then the fine one after you think you have all the tangles out. Always comb all the way to the skin. When you don't the coat felts up solid right against the skin and then it's murder to even think of combing that out. Also, be sure to keep his coat dry--if he gets wet comb him out completely right away so he doesn't dry tangled. If you bathe him comb him out thoroughly both before AND afterward.

Registered Member
Posted From: 216.228.102.93
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How would your reccomend cutting him?? I talked to my groomer today and she said i just have to brush him more often , that is NOT possible. Also how long or how old should he be before i let his hair grow?? Thanks alot. I am in a rut. They aren't really mats yet but they will be if i don't do something now.More like a little tangled but I know if miss one spot or one brushing i am in trouble . Snuggles doesn't deserve to have mats so I have to do something to prevent it.

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 981
Posted From: 65.28.99.45
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 5:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your groomer is right. If he's tangling between brushings, he needs done more often. The time of the coat change can be very difficult to keep up with. A short trim might work for this summer then start to grow him back out again in the fall.

Barb

Registered Member
Posted From: 216.228.102.140
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 9:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

he gets brushed every day. Then he goes and lays on his back and wiggles . He rolls around on anything he can which I think is making it harder to keep his coat done .One more thing can anyone maybe give me instruction on doing the puppy cut. DO you go agaist the grain on the back , up or down the sides. UP the belly? Use clippers or scissors on the leg? If anyone knew where a good diagram with instructions is? It would really help. MY puppy should not have to spend half his life getting groomed. He already gets bathed sometimes more then a twice week( I use a groomer approved shampoo that is safe for everyday)Brushed everyday , nails clipped weekly and granted I dont know much about this kind of dog but I do love him and will whatever is best for him.he isn't a show pet just a beautiful little family member. I really appreciate the advice so can give directions on clipping his different parts. Any diffent cut suggestions?thanks

sadiesmom
Registered Member
Username: sadiesmom

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 208.236.187.17
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Maltesemommie, You'll never believe this! I also have a 13 week old malteseXpekingese, but it's a girl. Her name is Sadie. I've attached some pics below. Would love to see yours. Mine too is all maltese. Unlike your little boy, she has the maltese body, we think she's the first black maltese. The only thing she got from her peke mom is the color...she's black with white tipped feet and a patch of white on her chest. Funny thing is that she had a brother and sister...the sister I was told was cream color, but I don't know anything about the brother. I got Sadie from Mobile, Alabama...where are you and where did you get yours? Wouldn't if you have her brother...lol...

I know just what you mean about the fur, Sadie has the same fur. I brush and comb her nightly (repeatedly) with a slicker and greyhound comb. She's soooo soft after that. I posted about her under I believe "product comparisons", "shampoos and conditioners". I wanted to get a good conditioner recommendation. Sadie gets bathed every two weeks and I also trim her nails and her paws...oh and I've also learned to do bows, so we also do that and piggytails...yes she's a diva and she knows it.

I brought her to a groomer 3 weeks ago and she got her face trimmed, sanitary area and a nail trim as she was due again...seems those nails need trimming often when they are this young. She goes back in 2 weeks to get a full trim. I've been checking the photos here to get an idea of what I want and have found some. I'm going to print them and show my groomer so that we both understand what I want. There are some good groomers on this board.

Well, I'd love to chat with you via e-mail if you'd like. I'm just so happy to find someone with a dog like mine. We could swap stories and ideas. If you'd like to do so, just click on my name and you should be able to get my e-mail address (I think).

Sadie Close-UpSadie RestingSadie Full Pose

maltesemommie (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: 216.228.101.213
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know how to attatch pics but I am going to try. Snuggles does have a maltese body except his back legs lol, Sadie is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would love to email you. I have been looking for another malt/peke owner on other boards for weeks. I just gave up. Snuggles came from creedmoor NC near where i live. He had 2 brothers one purely white looked totally unmistakenly fullblooded maltese but was huge compared to siblings. Snuggles was the smallest of the 3 . The other brother looked full blooded peke and was red just like the mother.I am so glad to meet another malt./peke owner! BYE THE WAY THERe are maltipoos,cookapoos, what is malt/pekes called????>LOL bye the way should I put bows or a pony tail on top of a boys head? I am really contemplating it but am not sure if is proper???
snugglewuggle
snuggles sitting
sorry about the size . Thats as small as it would get . Scroll right on the first pic to see him and not just my florr lol

rev

Post Number: 5755
Posted From: 152.163.189.173
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maltesemom, my strong suggestion would be to have a professional groomer clip him to a very short clip, a #7 blade length "smoothie", and let him start over. A novice taking clippers and shears to a young wiggly puppy is rather risky. At least you understand that, from the quesions you are asking, but I know of no way to tell you and be sure to cover every single possibility of injury.

All that said, you probably would be safest with a very short snap-on comb over a #40 blade. Clip with the lay of the hair, backbrushing as needed. (The direction of hair growth changes often.) When coming to an "edge" of skin or bone, clip straight across the edge, not along it. Be extremely careful around genitals and face. If you use scissors, slide a comb between skin and scissors, and scissor across the teeth of the comb, for safety. Never clip anything if you can't see light through it, for the entire length of the scissors. Any time you're holding any tool, be thinking about what "might" happen if the dog moves, jumps, turns, jerks. Make sure your tools will not jab or cut him if such things happen. Hold the mouth firmly closed when clipping or scissoring anywhere around the face--doggie tongues are unbelievably long.

He's utterly adorable, but I can see just from the picture that his coat is murder to maintain right now. Hair grows fast, and summer is almost upon us, so it could be a nice break for both of you to have him really short.

sadiesmom
Registered Member

Post Number: 21
Posted From: 65.203.100.233
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my goodness! He's precious! I just love both pics (and your floor ), thanks so much for posting them. Don't you love those tails! They fan out so cute. We are definitely dealing with the same fur! You can see in Sadie's picture how the groomer did her eye area...she shaved down the top of the muzzle...I love how it looks now...we were so happy that we could see her eyes.

I also tried to find other owners of our lovely Maltinese (that's what I have dubbed a Maltese/pekingese mix, whadda ya think?), but haven't found anyone either and gave up. I did, however, find a picture of a Maltinese () on the net that was the Picture of the Day or Year or something and she was sooo pretty. I'll try to post her pic below so you can see her too. In fact, I just love the way she's groomed...thinking of doing it with Sadie, though it's a long style coat. It was an old picture and there was no way to contact her owner. I think I'm going with a puppy cut (one length all over) next time we go in and leaving it fluffy, at least 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches. I love the face on April in the pic below and the full tail. However I think I want the top hair a little shorter...long enough for a bow or pigtails but not extremely long, and maybe the bottom face and ears a little shorter to match the body in the shorter cut. I'm sure the groomer will know how to blend it well.

I think I've seen blue bows in some of the maltese show boys that have long hair for topknots; however, if your married be prepared to have the husband frown on that I'm sure . Most boy pets have their top hair cut to have what's termed bangs and its very, very cute. Now I know what Sadie's sister must look like because I think she's the same color as Snuggles from what they've said.

Oh, my e-mail address is: smistrot@liskow.com I'd love to keep in touch and chat about our babies. I'm now so thrilled to have found this forum. I'm just in shock to have found another owner of this breed mix. To tell you some about Sadie's history...mom, Sadie and her sister were given up to a shelter (the original owner said mom shed too much and didn't want to find homes for the last 2 of the 3 pups--a friend of theirs took the little boy)...mom got adopted right away but the vet at the shelter didn't want these 2 cute pups to stay there so he found a foster mommy for them, who happened to breed and show yorkies, so Sadie had the best start thanks to her. I'll tell you the rest via e-mail if you'd like. You'll probably never believe how I found her, and the internet is involved. Sad story with a wonderful ending.

Well, sorry, I did it again, this is a long one. Okay, please write soon. Your baby is just precious. Again, thanks for the pics. Here's the pic of that other Maltinese I found on the net. Until seeing this I didn't know if any others even existed.

Internet Maltinese

maltesemommie (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: 216.228.102.70
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok I found a groomer who is taking snuggles in at 9am tomorrow morning.I couldn't believe she was open on SAT. I tried the clippers and his hair is so cottony it didn't cut it.And HE DOES NOT LIKE CLIPPERS. He started nipping me .Anyway I had no idea what I was doing to begin with . Thanks goodness it didn't work lol. The groomer kind of ticked me off (no offense to wonderful groomers here) She says he is to young to groom.She hasn't seen him yet lol.I had to just about plead for her to take him. She still says a 13 week old puppy can't that enough hair to mat which kind of scares me . I am going to watch the whole time she does it and she is one of only 2 in my area . Pray for snuggles lol.I really am kind of worried but I have to use one other the other and the other is booked 4 weeks.Thanks for all your advice.

sadiesmom
Registered Member

Post Number: 22
Posted From: 65.203.100.231
Posted on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 4:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh boy, well I had more choices than you...we have 8 to choose from, that's including the one at my vet. I just don't have the courage to take on the body or head with the clippers. I'd like to see it done for a few times before I even try to attempt it. And it will give her time to get used being trimmed making it easier for me if I ever have to do it. I like the idea of her being pampered too, so I guess that's just a girl thing.

It is funny she said that though because the groomer we went to told me that usually first grooms are just face, sanitary, tummy and nail clip (as she did on Sadie) when they are young, and Sadie's age had no bearing. IMO it wouldn't be as tramatic to him as getting a full groom/trim too. It will, however, get him started being used to being groomed. DO however stay there with him, hey even Petsmart and Petco let you watch (speaking of that, do you have those near you, they groom?). Anyway, you can get him used to receiving the clippers by rubbing his muzzle with your fingers and his paws as well. For the noise thing, put the clippers on and hold the opposite end (w/no blade) against his bottom, then move to his middle, so he gets used to the feel and sound. I've been doing these things (as recommended here BTW) and its helped Sadie. (I think I've been spending too much time researching this stuff. If you get there and don't like her attitude just get her to do a face trim, sanitary, tummy and nail clip with no bath (as my groomer did...for free BTW...a good marketing tool for newbies), and then book for the available date a few weeks from now with the other groomer. This is just my opinion, but I'm kinda overprotective with Sadie. Good luck! You'll love being able to really see his face (and eyes) after.

loves
Registered Member
Username: loves

Post Number: 305
Posted From: 63.173.137.103
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maltesemommie, I'll bet the groomer changes her mind when she sees Snuggles. He looks adorable, but what a lot of hair! As Rev said, a nice short cut would be the best for all involved. Also, don't know that groomer's policy, but many of us will ask that a young puppy come back for more frequent grooms, just to continue the "education" process. I'll do the first groom on a puppy and then do my very best to get his owners to reschedule two more appts. only 3 weeks apart. I do give them a discount for those two grooms (only time I give a discount) and tell them that even if he doesn't need much of a haircut it will reinforce the grooming process on him. Because if they were to take the puppy home and then come back 2 months or more later, I am afraid that anything learned the first time will all be forgotten. But then, I've had dogs come in at 1 1/2 years for their FIRST groom who behaved very well. Still would rather be safe than sorry.

Registered Member
Posted From: 216.228.101.242
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi sorry I didn't update last weekend. WE got snuggles groomed last weekend. It was great . The groomer was in shock as soon as she looked at him lol. She also reccomended he come in every 4 weeks. lol. Thanks and Sadiesmom please email me at kaylee_dylans_mom@hotmail.com

rev

Post Number: 5825
Posted From: 152.163.253.40
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What, no picture? :-) I'll bet she loved doing him though, he's such a cute baby. How did you have him trimmed?

sadiesmom
Registered Member

Post Number: 29
Posted From: 67.74.166.94
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maltesemommie, glad things went so well. Hope you can post a new picture so we can see his new "do". Sadie goes next Saturday and I'm still unsure what I want to do with her cut. Maybe seeing Snuggles will give me some insight.

Oh I did e-mail you at the address posted.

Jean B (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: adsl-63-171-126.mem.bellsouth.net
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 6:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 3/4 pekegnese and 1/4 poodle. He looks as if he is all pek. His hair is straight but thick and beautiful. He is shedding somewhat his winter coat. Is there a grooming style and would his hair grow back very fast?
Thanks

thedotteddog
Registered Member
Username: thedotteddog

Post Number: 2160
Posted From: 69.106.181.156
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I clip several Pekes and Peke mixes in summer time. My favorite clip that keeps some personality is to start right behind the head or about an inch or two down the neck, holding the head hair up so it overlaps the clipped area of the neck, I take a #4 or #3 3/4 blade and clipper the whole body and around to the front of the shoulder leaving the bib area but taking down the legs to blend into the same length as the body. the back legs are blended into the body length too and I leave the tail. A trim up of the feet into a teddy like paw finishes it off. With the mane brushed out and the tail they look so cute, while making them lots cooler and less apt to pick up stuff in their coat. I have several I groom year round like this and many for summer. They all seem to grow back fine and I think most will unless they have an underlying medical problem like thyroid malfunction.

lakeishapug (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: c24.183.104.6.mad.wi.charter.com
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

maltesemommie: DO NOT let a groomer shave or cut that coat down at this point in time. It could ruin the coat for life! Brush that dog, press harder with your brush (not too hard) just enough to get to the skin. When your dog is 2 years old fine, get it cut down. Wait until the adult coat is intact. It is a very delicate coat you're dealing with. Just keep with it and it will get easier to handle.

doggygirl
Registered Member
Username: doggygirl

Post Number: 2738
Posted From: stjhnbsuh71-142167187114.nb.aliant.net
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Her post is 2 years old. I find when the puppy coat is changing to an adult coat it is horrible to keep the knots out and I would rather shave it down and save the puppy the stress of me de-matting it then worry about the coat. Perhaps in the show world this may be relevant but first of all that cutie is a mix and second of all it is a pet and we need to be practical.

lakeishapug
Registered Member
Username: lakeishapug

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 24-183-104-6.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com
Posted on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 2:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To the owner, a coat that grows back patchy because of early shaving, may be relevant, even if it is a mix, we don't want to ruin the coat. Of course if it is matted we have no choice in the matter, but whenever possible Do not shave a coat until it matures. Encourage your owners to brush. Unfortunately some people are getting these puppies from breeders out to make $, and are not informed of the maintenance.

lakeishapug
Registered Member

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 1:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also, I realize her post is 2 years old, but other people may have the same question, I referenced her name so new people would know which post I was responding to

thedotteddog
Registered Member
Username: thedotteddog

Post Number: 2168
Posted From: adsl-67-126-198-236.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net
Posted on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 2:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I realize that maltesemommie's post was old but I was answering Jean B's post of June 29th 2005.

Jean B Harvell (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: adsl-4-250-248.mem.bellsouth.net
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a male pekinese. I should say 3/4 peke and 1/4 poodle. He doesn't look like he has any poodle. He sheds terribly. I was wondering if their is a clip I might can do in the spring to avoid all of this shedding. He is one year old. I brush him daily and give him pet tabs to prevent shedding but I can't say it does very well.

Any suggestions

lakeishapug
Registered Member

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 9:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pekingese shed profusely. I used to shave my peek with a #5 blade, he looked good that length, Try having your groomer do that. Also give up the pet tabs, they don't work anyways

Registered Member
Posted From: adsl-156-52-238.mem.bellsouth.net
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for two informative tips one from lakeishapug and one from thedotteddog. My pekepoo's hair is not as long as some full blooded peke's that I have seen. I guess there are different breeds.

Registered Member
Posted From: adsl-156-63-231.mem.bellsouth.net
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How old is a dog before losing all puppy coat?? I am the one that my peke-poo sheds terribly but it seems to be the lighter of the colors. Thanks for any info as what to do

shearmadness
Registered Member
Username: shearmadness

Post Number: 183
Posted From: adsl-68-76-156-246.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 9:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Within any breed there are norms for losing puppy coat. In my breed, puppy coat is shed anywhere from 5 to 13 months of age, and is somewhat dependent on the time of year.

With a mixed breed, it could be anywhere in that time frame. With a poodle x peke (sorry, ain't no such animal as a peke-poo) mix, you will have to be extra diligent in your brushing. Pekes shed heavily and poodle coat doesn't shed, but can matt easily and quickly.

Personally, I think that in terms of coat, this is a potential nightmare...lol. Keep this coat brushed out well. You don't say how old your puppy is, but it's probably more than time for her/his first visit to a professional groomer.

Depending on the coat type, your groomer can make recommendations on a style, frequency of professional grooming and home brushing tips.

Best of luck with your little dog!

Registered Member
Posted From: adsl-63-191-190.mem.bellsouth.net
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To: Shearmadness, I don't quite get you when you say there "ain't" no such animal. He is 14 months old and he is 3/4 peke and 1/4 poodle. I do brush him each day and it seems like some of the lighter hair coat has left. That is the reason I think most of the shedding was his puppy coat. thanks for your reply.

melon
Registered Member
Username: melon

Post Number: 3
Posted From: cache-dtc-ae08.proxy.aol.com
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 9:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shearmadness means that there is no such pure breed as a peke-poo, that is a name given by the person who bred a peke to a poodle to produce this mixed breed dog and sell it. You may see people write border collie/labX, which means border collie and labrador mixed, which is more appropriate than calling it a border-lab or something similiar, implying that this is a "breed".
As far as the parentage of your dog, if his parents were one peke and one poodle, he would be 1/2 poodle and 1/2 peke no matter what he looks like. If one parent was a pure bred peke, and the other a 1/2 peke and 1/2 poodle mix, then the pups would indeed by 3/4 peke and 1/4 poodle. Remember, the parents each contribute 50% of their genetic material to their offspring.
I also agree, he is far overdue for professional grooming, if you have not yet brought him in.

lakeishapug
Registered Member

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

melon summed it up pretty well, groomers get fed up with people breeding mixed breeds and calling them specific names and selling them for $. Back in the day, they were mutts. Now people are paying a hefty price for "designer" dogs. The important thing is you take care of your dog no matter what heritage it has. You probably notice the lighter colored coat on your furniture before you notice the darker color. Your dog is going to shed all it's life. It's part peek, that's just how it goes, puppy coat or not.

SugarMomma (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: cache-mtc-ae01.proxy.aol.com
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2005 - 7:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We adopted a cross breed (Maltese Pekingese)Peke-a-tese puppy this late August. Her name is SUGAR MUFFIN - we kept the name that the breeder gave her. I just can't seem to find any information on this particular mix. I am so excited to find this site, altho, last entry was 2003... Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

lakeishapug
Registered Member

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, October 9, 2005 - 9:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get a book about Maltese, and get a book on Pekingese, that should give you an idea of what to expect. You won't find any information on that particular mix because there are so many mixed dogs now, there aren't enough of any combination to require writing a book about them.

StephH961979 (Unregistered Guest)
Registered Member
Posted From: 12.109.33.161
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got a cross breed of a Maltese and Pekingese about two months ago. My mother has falling in love with him and now wants that particular mix for a puppy of her own. I live in Virginia. Does anyone know of any Maltese/Pekingese puppies out there?

Thanks.

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 3179
Posted From: stjh1-2524.nb.aliant.net
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 1:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry we are actually a grooming board, not really a "breeding" board. Good luck with your search. With it being a mix you aren't necessarily going to get the same personality/temperment or look of your little dog. I bet your Mom could find a new buddy at your local shelter?

new_mom
Registered Member
Username: new_mom

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 209.139.228.161
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I have a malxpek that is 11 weeks old. She is biting alot and i was wondering if any of you have any suggestions on how you stopped this or will she grow out of this with age?

My husband and i work all day (so I play with her for 45 min in the morning and 2 to 3 hours at night. Do you think I should send her to doggy day care instead or do you do the same?

Also since she is so little what kind of games do you play with them to get their excersise can you provide any suggestions.

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 3988
Posted From: 156.34.205.57
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No they will not outgrow the biting. I would suggest more walking and perhaps less play. When your dog bites you I often say "ouch" really loud and sometimes offer them a toy. It can be a dominant act. A tired puppy is a good puppy:-) Doggy day care is a great idea but nothing really beats a good walk. Puts your dog in a calm state of mind and it is a great time for bonding. I highly recommend Cesar Millan's book. It has changed how I relate to my own dogs.

lakeishapug
Registered Member

Post Number: 39
Posted From: 24.183.104.6
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 2:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All puppies bite, just make sure she has plenty of safe toys to knaw on instead of your fingers, she will grow out of it when she's done teething, which could last quite a few months.

doggygirl
Registered Member

Post Number: 3993
Posted From: 156.34.197.156
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 4:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Puppies should not bite people and no if they aren't taught not to, they do not grow out of it. I have a dog from a rescue now that is over a year and she STILL puppy bites because no one told her "no". Of course when she was a puppy it was probably cute. Now she is a full grown white shepherd/husky, it ain't so cute:-) Lots of nylabones are a good idea. I see a lot of clients with dogs that still puppy bite and I hear "how do I get them to stop" It has to be nipped in the bud.

suz222
Registered Member
Username: suz222

Posted From: 80.3.160.13
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No never assume a puppy will grow out of the nipping - had a year old springer yesterday - still mouthing except now it jolly well hurts - sadly thats the first time ive groomed him(yes at a year old!)his owners just shrugged their shoulders when i told them!!

They need to learn bite inhibition at a very young age or they dont realise how much it hurts - you will often find puppies who have left mum and litter mates at a young age have no idea - as mum hasnt hadchance to teach them how far they can go. You stop nipping the minute it starts - you dont let them grow out of it. I generally find puppies dont outgrow nipping but they move it on as they have no idea that they shouldnt do it.

papsnpaints
Registered Member
Username: papsnpaints

Post Number: 353
Posted From: 204.96.147.123
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree that a dog needs to learn bit inhibition. As puppies that is how they play with one another. If you allow play biting the instant the bite gets a bit hard "yelp - Ouch" and stop the game and ignore them totally. Walk away. They soon learn that biting to hard ends the fun.

melon
Registered Member
Username: melon

Post Number: 162
Posted From: 69.209.136.255
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lucy, our "new" dog, was adopted last year when she was nearly two. They warned us that she was mouthy, and that her old owners didn't do anything about it and that neither did they because she was "so sensitive". I didn't want them to deny me the dog, but in the back of my head I was thinking, "Yeah right, mouthy, that'll last about a week at my house. Sensitive my foot! NO DOG TEETH ON HUMAN SKIN!"
So Lucy came home, and after a few days she was happy to see us and started getting mouthy. This is a 65 lb. GSD. She's got big teeth, and they leave big bruises on your arms and hands where she grabs you in her excitement when you come home. So... we started coming in the door with our hands to our chest, no eye contact, no verbal recognition of her, and just walked past her. When she finally sat down, in confusion ("What are these silly humans playing at now?"), we rewarded lavishly. Four paws on the floor, gets attention. Jumping, nothing. Kept our hands away from her. When she did catch us, even just a touch of tooth, we yelped like a scorpion stung us and whipped away from her. One week later, no jumping, no mouthing. And her "sensitive" nature was not compromised in the least.
NO dog teeth on human skin, ever. That's the golden rule.

new_mom
Registered Member

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you soo much for the information. I have been doing all the things mentioned and she is slowly more and more not biting and she is now 12 weeks old, so I guess persistence is the key and she will eventually stop. Also do any of you have any tips on barking (I tried the water, but it is so funny as she enjoys it and thinks it is a way of drinking water)?.

new_mom
Registered Member

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you soo much for the information. I have been doing all the things mentioned and she is slowly more and more not biting and she is now 12 weeks old, so I guess persistence is the key and she will eventually stop. Also do any of you have any tips on barking (I tried the water, but it is so funny as she enjoys it and thinks it is a way of drinking water)?. I also would like to know how you brush them daily as while they are moving so much, she will not sit still as I am grooming and I find it very difficult.

suz222
Registered Member
Username: suz222

Post Number: 20
Posted From: 80.3.160.13
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She needs to STAND still while you groom her - get her up on a non slip surface -use a bath mat on a table if you have to - always have the same routine so if you start with the left back foot ALWAYS do that! If she wriggles hold her under her tummy and move her back into the stand position- when shes still (and she will be you just have to wait it out)say stand and reward a little treat at this stage as shes only learning as she progresses just say stand and good girl. Always end on a good note and a big cuddle and treat after you have finished. I never groom my dog on the floor or on my lap - these places are for play time and cuddle time - neither of which grooming is - it needs to be enjoyable but sensible. If she nips say NO and just carry on! If you stop when she nips or growls it will esculate and before you know it she will be unmanageable - hope that makes sense it does in my head not so good getting stuff written down! Anyway i always train young pups this way and it generally works - its all about routine rewards at the RIGHT time and a NO and ignore when shes naughty!

As for the barking get it on cue - then you can have an off switch.

lacaz
Registered Member
Username: lacaz

Posted From: 24.45.173.187
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please help...my maltese has a badly matted tail...the groomer insists on shaving it..but in the past my last maltese had her tail cut short and it never came back to the long flowing hair...what should i do. I don't want bella hurting but i don't want to lose her tail hair...

progroom
Registered Member
Username: progroom

Post Number: 3555
Posted From: 66.142.46.101
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 8:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You'll have two options. You can get a brush and comb and dematt it yourself, or let the groomer shave it.

If she is healthy and not allowed to get matted again, the hair should grow back with no problems. It just takes time.

Remember, it's just hair. Is it worth hurting her just to keep a long full tail??

Barb

rpg
Registered Member
Username: rpg

Post Number: 475
Posted From: 199.246.2.9
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 8:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lacaz:
Remember it is not the dog's fault, nor the groomer's fault that the tail is in that condition.
Compare it to a little girl with gorgeous long hair who has bubblegum all through out it, tangled right in there. You go to the stylist and say - but don't cut her hair! What do you expect the stylist to do - or a groomer - if you tie their hands like that?
It is rare for me to shave a tail, in almost 20 years, I can count on 1 hand the # of tails I have HAD TO shave.
You can TRY putting your dog in the tub, put conditioner OR shampoo on the tail, rub it in well. Then try brushing through it. If it it matted to the skin, doubt this will help. Remember matts HURT. Matts to the skin cause bruising, sores, pain, etc..
The most humane thing you can do in a situation like this is shave the tail. It is hair and will grow back.
Ask the groomer is she/he can leave a tuft on the end - for protection against banging the tail on any hard surface. A shaved tail is at risk for haematoma's - broken bloodvessels, when the bald tail bangs on a hard surface (table, wall, etc.).
Helpful?

candycane
Registered Member
Username: candycane

Post Number: 148
Posted From: 24.109.199.171
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 8:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Lacaz

No offense intended, but if you didn't like it when your last maltese had her tail shaved, that would've been a good reason to keep this dog's tail combed out so you wouldn't have to do it to him, too. We all get so many customers who beg us not to shave their dogs, and we usually have to because dematting would be impossible or too painful. I know I, for one, will explain coat care and the proper tools to an owner the first time I have to shave their dog down, hoping that next time I see the dog it will be in better condition. But you know what? Most of the dogs come back matted anyway, along with every excuse under the sun why the owner didn't have time to brush it, etc etc (save it, people, we've heard it all!).

So anyway...my advice to you is to have your dog's tail shaved. It will more than likely grow back. I think there must have been something internally wrong with your other dog to make her hair not grow back.

Good luck!

huckleberry
Registered Member
Username: huckleberry

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 216.135.25.174
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree...humanity first, vanity last. Maltese mat up easily so it's important to brush every day and follow through with a good combing to be sure you've gotten all the knots out. I agree with Rpg, shampoo the tail, then condition it well, let the conditioner sit in the tail for a few minutes. Try brushing the mat out some while it's soaked with the conditioner, rinse well. Then try using a demat/detangling spray. Soak the mat in the spray, let it sit for a few minutes and then try brushing it out a little at a time. If it's matted all the way to the skin, I'd let the groomer shave it off. If your groomer believes it needs shaving, it probably does. It may take a while, but the tail should grow out soon enough. I can't tell you how many Maltese I've had to take down short due to matting issues. An owner has to be diligent in the brushing of these dogs.

lakeishapug
Registered Member

Post Number: 44
Posted From: 24.183.104.6
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you should've been brushing that tail all along. Now let the groomer do what is best for the dog and try again.

sherylsh
Registered Member
Username: sherylsh

Posted From: 74.130.52.106
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HOW MUCH WILL A 3/4 MALTESE AND 1/4 PEKINGESE SHED? AND HOW OFTEN DO YOU NEED TO GROOM?
THANKS

borzoimom
Registered Member
Username: borzoimom

Post Number: 841
Posted From: 12.210.134.248
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sheryl, it will depend on what type of coat the dog has. Maltese don't shed much, but pekes do and the fact that the pup is more maltese does not mean it will neccessarily have that breed's coat type. Type of coat will also determine how often the dog will need to be groomed. The best advise I can give is to make an appt. with a local groomer and talk to him or her about how best to care for your dog's coat.

twinpeeks
Registered Member
Username: twinpeeks

Posted From: 24.93.121.136
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all I just became a new mother of 8 week old twin pekepoo's....when should they make there first visit to the groomers????JACK & DANIELS

twinpeeks
Registered Member

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yes boys twins,,lol

JACK & DANIELS

dogdayz
Registered Member
Username: dogdayz

Post Number: 631
Posted From: 69.29.151.122
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 7:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They are precious!
I recommend as soon as they have started their shots to see a groomer, even if they dont have enough hair to cut, they need to be"introduced" to the whole aspect(bathing,brushing,nail trims,ear cleaning,table manners,etc.) Dont wait until they are 6 months old and holy terrors,LOL

twinpeeks
Registered Member

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 69.133.67.195
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks so much dogdayz, do you know if there are any special request I should make for there breed???

diamondog
Registered Member
Username: diamondog

Post Number: 3062
Posted From: 216.47.50.179
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Twinpeeks, Congrats on two beautiful boys!
I don't know of any special request you should make of their new groomer but I know one they will doubtlessly make of you.
Please start brushing them now. Get a little cat slicker and stand them up and brush their whole bodies lightly at first. Then as their hair gets a little longer get a comb and go thru them at least twice a week but if they get used to a light brushing every day it will make their grooming experience SOOOOOOOOOO much better and your groomer will LOVE you.
Also from a trainers perspective, leave your boys on the ground. I tell all my small dog owners that when you pick your dog up all the time, especially when meeting other dogs or people, they get a false self-image. They think, "Whenever something new or scary comes along I get 4 feet taller and I'm so fearsome I have to be restrained."
On the ground they will have to learn to act like nice little dogs,...and they will. Also start as soon as their shots are complete to socialize them to other dogs of all sizes and ages, kids, elders, cars, vets, neighbors, sounds, sights and everything you can think of.
Like I said, let them stay on the ground, on their feet. Resist the temptation to scoop them up and cuddle all the time. You can do that at night,...on your terms.
Train these puppies to walk on a lead, sit, stay, fetch your slippers (in their case I guess that would be one each). You'll have to work with them seperately and you should spend quite a bit of alone time with each of them so they will bond to YOU and not just to each other. Don't underestimate them. They won't.

dogdayz
Registered Member
Username: dogdayz

Post Number: 632
Posted From: 69.29.151.122
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since they are mixed breed there are no breed standard cuts for them but that just means you can make up your own!
Here are a few options of what my customers do :-) ones is a pekingnese and the other is a pekepoo, its hard to say what yours will turn out like, this pekepoo that I do is more poodle type.

twinpeeks
Registered Member

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and time, I will work in these area's strongly, but the hard one is going to be not picking them up as often they are just so adorable and loving....LOL

mindylynn
Registered Member
Username: mindylynn

Posted From: 12.189.32.38
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking to get a Maltipoo. And I was told by a friend that has one, that they couldn't cut their puppies hair till they turned a year old. Is that being done for a reason or can they be cut and trimmed earlier then a year?}}}

scissorart
Registered Member
Username: scissorart

Post Number: 659
Posted From: 70.234.167.168
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They should be trimmed as soon as they are 8 to 12 weeks old to get them trained. If you wait until after a year more tha likely your pup would be very matted and not good for the groomer because they have never been to one. I am not sure why your friend told you that but most groomers on this thread would probably agree with me. Her breeder may have told her that and some breeders don't give good advice.

scissorart
Registered Member
Username: scissorart

Post Number: 660
Posted From: 70.234.167.168
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh and they should be groomed every 4 to 8 weeks after that. Your groomer can tell you more after she does him/her and can set you up on a schedule.

wizardofpaws
Registered Member
Username: wizardofpaws

Post Number: 447
Posted From: 207.69.140.24
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with scissorart on both points.

Whoever told your friend that was either ignorant or down-right irresponsible. Sorry. I don't know the situation, but just like every aspect of a dog's life, it is much better to set the stage as early as possible for everything the dog will have to encounter in it's adult life. Puppies NEED to be socialized as much as possible to avoid fear, agression, separation anxiety, and other 'phobias'. This means taking him or her out every where you can, as often as you can, exposing him or her to other dogs, adults, children, vets, groomers, etc. Basic obedience classes are very good.

Even if you don't want your baby to have a hair cut right away, you should still bring him or her into the groomer quite often so they get used to eachother and he gets used to the sights, smells, and routine of grooming. Also do a lot of home handling such as touching your puppy's feet, examining his ears and teeth, brushing and combing, anything he might be expected to go through at the vet or groomers.

I personally don't like to cut puppies really short right off (though I have gotten that request a few times), but I do like to take some length off on about the 3rd or 4th groom, which would make the puppy about 4 or 5 months old at the time of it's first 'real haircut'. This knocks off some of the longer hairs that the owner may think are starting to look 'shaggy' or in anticipation of the adult coat starting to come in (which can be a mess during the transition period on certain breeds). For the 1st few appointments I like to do just bath, brush, and neaten of the face, feet and private areas. The reason for this is to insure that the puppies first experiences with me are as easy on him as possible (plus I think that fluffy puppies are sooooooo cute!)

So, don't worry, if you want to get a shorter hair cut on your maltipoo, go right ahead, no harm will be done. In fact it would be down right neglectful of you to wait a year before bringing your puppy to a groomer for it's first time. I have seen poor babies matted up in 'body casts' that could barly walk due to the tighness of the matts pulling on it whenever it tries to move. They are scared out of their mind because they are past the point of blind, happy acceptance and it is a frightening, painful ordeal to have to go through. NOT the kind of gentle, loving, bonding experience that should happen during grooming. It's sad when people just don't have the right information to properly care for their pets. . .

Kudos to you for asking this question before obtaining a new 'baby'. You are obviously a very conciencious individual. I wish more pet owners could be like you.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be there sitting beside you saying "Man, that was fun!"

ljames1
Registered Member
Username: ljames1

Posted From: 75.195.77.31
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do own a MaltPeke. She gets so tangled all the time and matted as well. I have to get her groomed about every two weeks. I will try and attach a picture here. I'm looking for a sister for her, same breed with mainly maltese characteristics.Penny

princessfoofoo2u
Registered Member
Username: princessfoofoo2u

Post Number: 558
Posted From: 69.253.219.125
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She is too cute!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.