Please visit and support our valued sponsors!
Our Valued Sponsors
in the GROOMERS LOUNGE the Groomers Directory
and the Grooming Schools Directory

Non sponsor links and/or advertising is prohibited

Grants for dog/cat grooming? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Groomers BBS » Groomer Education, Licensing, Certification and Contests » GROOMING SCHOOLS » Grants for dog/cat grooming? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sassykat
Registered Member
Username: sassykat

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 24.159.9.174
Posted on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have always since childhood admired dogs and cats, and have wanted to do something along the lines of them. I have decided to do dog/cat grooming and have questions. I have experienced in grooming my own animals but I am far from an professional.

I got approved at the Nash Academy here in KY but I have to have a co-signer. I do not know anyone that could do this as most don't have enough income they said. So I am out of luck unless I find some other way.

I heard from a lady that is grooming, there are Grants that you could get for dog grooming the one she got was free grant. Is this possible? Although she is doing it at home training - so I guess that is possible but I asked her about the information and she wouldn't tell me. Basically she told me she wouldn't because there will be another groomer here and she doesn't want competition?

Can anyone be of help about the Grants if there are any? Thanks a lot

Lacey

fluffy_ruff
Registered Member
Username: fluffy_ruff

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 68.248.139.17
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess when you say you need a co-signer, does that mean for the federal loan? I know at Nash you can get a Sallie Mae loan to pay for it, and that would probably be the easiest and best way. If a grant (Pell Grant) was available, the financial aid person would probably know about it. Also some grooming organizations offer scholarships. Keep looking for options. If you try for a scholarship, start studying now to learn all you can, then when you get to school you'll be ahead of the game and able to make the most of it. I had to wait nearly two years to start school, after I figured out where I wanted to go.

Julie

shampoochie
Registered Member
Username: shampoochie

Post Number: 746
Posted From: 207.218.205.53
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There was something about scholarships on petgroomer.com. Here in Texas if you are disabled in any way you can get it paid for if you go to a licensed school. They use the term disabled very loosely.

paddyred
Registered Member
Username: paddyred

Post Number: 220
Posted From: 70.53.23.44
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 8:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you could always get a job as a bather brusher and work your way up to grooming, or as groomers in other areas if you could apprentice or pay them to train you. Groomers are hard to find so appentising would be a good idea, but you should work for the person for the amount of time they want you in return for training.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Copyright 1995-2010 The Groomers Lounge, All rights reserved.
No reproduction without the express written permission of the GL and/or the original poster.