Forums General Business Issues Other Business Issues
  • Topic: LEASH AND COLLAR WASH

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 20, 2016 12:03 PM CDT
    • LEASH AND COLLAR WASH

Planning on offering a leash and collar washing service. Anyone have experience? Do you just use shampoo or something like Dawn dish detergent? What do you use to dry them quickly if it's like a bath dog that gets done in 30 min - 1 hr. Hoping to not have to sit with a force air dryer but want to make sure they're dry before the dog leaves. How much do you charge?

• October 21, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
    • LEASH AND COLLAR WASH

I wash really gross collars in the tub when I'm bathing the dog. I just use my shampoo sprayer. I towel dry them really well and hang them to dry, sometimes in front of a fan or dryer.  I don't charge anything for it. I just don't like putting a really dirty collar back on a clean dog. :)

Barb

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

• November 9, 2016 10:05 PM CST
    • LEASH AND COLLAR WASH

I've done this in the past as well.  I use laundry detergent and a tub scrub brush in a basin.  I sometimes have to wash it twice to make it look really clean.  Cleaning it in a basin will give you a good idea as to how dirty it actually is.  I, too, do not charge for it.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel